Moparts

What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds

Posted By: stat5

What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/14/16 04:44 AM

Looking for a trim expert, this is regarding the 15x7 3" deep trim rings.

I heard the Oldsmobile 15x7 trim ring is similar in appearance to the Mopar 15x7 trim ring.

My question is how can one tell them apart?

Thanks for any answers?
Posted By: RJS

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/14/16 09:04 PM

I thought Olds used Polished trim rings, with Mopar polished 70-71 Brushed 72.
Ron
Posted By: flypaper

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/14/16 09:05 PM

i think its the opening for the valve stem is different
nobody has a dead nuts repo for that ring
i have a set of olds rings i'm using on a driver i'm building
for the money, i won't care if they get beat up or not.
Posted By: Grizzly

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/14/16 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By flypaper
i think its the opening for the valve stem is different
nobody has a dead nuts repo for that ring
i have a set of olds rings i'm using on a driver i'm building
for the money, i won't care if they get beat up or not.

Dremel tool to oval out that stem opening. wink

I've seen the olds rings mentioned on here last time the trim ring subject came up. No further details given, so I'm glad this question was asked, thanks OP. up

To add to the original question: I'd like to see the difference in the olds ring vs whatever ring Vintage Wheels or whoever gives you when you get a set? Photos? shruggy
Posted By: topside

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/14/16 11:29 PM

Probably if one were to Google images of them, you'd see if there was much difference.
I seem to recall that the Chevy/Vette rings had the valve stem located differently, but no too far.
Other factors could be if mounting clips were in the same place, and what size the inner opening is, but both might be OK.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/15/16 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By topside
Probably if one were to Google images of them, you'd see if there was much difference.

Ahhh...this is Moparts, most on here are like.....

Attached picture trimgringshomer.gif
Attached picture trimring.JPG
Attached picture trimring2.JPG
Attached picture trimring3.JPG
Posted By: RJS

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/15/16 02:10 AM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
Originally Posted By topside

Ahhh...this is Moparts, most on here are like.....

Don't yopu love how the Mopar stuff is always more $$$$$$$$$
Ron
Posted By: BS27R1B

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/18/16 08:32 PM

Those Mopar trim rings do not look OE correct to me.
Ask Terry McCann if you want the scoop.
Posted By: TB3CUDA

Re: What the difference between 15x7 trim rings Mopar vs Olds - 07/19/16 12:33 PM

wow i have a set of the olds trim rings never even thought they would work on my mopar rims.so the only difference is the valve stem opening?
© 2024 Moparts Forums