Moparts

Hemi engine serial number

Posted By: BS27ROB

Hemi engine serial number - 02/06/09 03:09 PM

When was the engine serial number stamped? When the long block was assembled, or when it was dressed and test run? The 10,000 day number is 3040 (Nov 23). Should carbs, dist, manifolds, etc. all predate this date?
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Hemi engine serial number - 02/06/09 03:53 PM

The engines were not built over a span of several days, the date you have is the date it was built. Yes, all other componants should pre-date that day, most were weeks or months prior, it varied by componant.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Hemi engine serial number - 02/07/09 01:59 AM

Quote:

When was the engine serial number stamped? When the long block was assembled, or when it was dressed and test run? The 10,000 day number is 3040 (Nov 23). Should carbs, dist, manifolds, etc. all predate this date?

It sounds to me like you are asking about the ENGINE plant assembly serial number NOT the assembly date found up by the water pump. I think that the first was t5he bare long block with exhaust manifolds, intake and possibly carbs. I think the other date is stamped at the time of INSTALL with other items such as alternator, etc.

I am not sure but would like to hear something with some factory back up regarding this.
© 2024 Moparts Forums