Moparts

Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee!

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 06:31 AM

This is the first Mopar I ever restored, all the way back in 1985! This is a real A12 19691/2 Six Pack Super Bee. It had a bunch of options, something not often seen in a stripped down drag car package. It was a hard top, column auto, bucket seats with fold down Buddy Seat, power steering, brakes, bumper guards, vinyl roof, fender mounted turn signals, Am-8 track, etc. I think it even had a rear defogger.

Well it's been nearly 30 years since I last laid eyes on my old Super Bee. Galen had it listed as being "Totaled in Connecticut" in his data base. Today I was contacted by the (now) owner and one of his friends via Facebook and it was confirmed, it's my old car! It was in an accident but was not totaled, it is currently undergoing a ground up restoration and should turn out to be a very nice example when it's done. I have no dreams of buying it back or anything, just excited to hear it's still around boogie

Attached picture 69 A12 (4).jpg
Attached picture Scotts Old A12 Bee.jpg

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 06:33 AM

I added the hub caps simply because back then nobody knew that they never had them and they kept giving me grief on cruise night that they were "missing". Yes, I've changed a little since then LOL! The hood decals are backwards because they kept falling off and I put them back on wrong (this time, one of many).

Attached picture Scott 69.5 A12 Super Bee.jpg
Attached picture 69 A12 Engine AC (4).jpg
Posted By: Cuda Cody

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 07:35 AM

Man, that's so cool! Love the old photos. If it comes up for sale, you should buy it. Would look great in the new shop. smile
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 08:47 AM

It's always good to hear from an old friend. smile

Tav
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 02:24 PM

Looks like you may of had a passion for Renaults from the one picture.

You look like you were working on a stand in double for Magnum PI

All kidding aside cool story and pics

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 02:32 PM

Quote:
Looks like you may of had a passion for Renaults from the one picture.

I was visiting my dads used car lot that day, he took the pictures. Funny, there were a bunch of Renaults around that area back then, you'd see "Le Cars", etc. all the time. Now days you don't EVER see them, most have long been crushed by now.
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 03:24 PM

Cool pics Scott! I always like seeing pictures of these cars from back in the day.

I agree...I would buy it back if I were you and the chance comes up!

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 03:42 PM

Might be priced a bit too high for me to afford these days. Maybe as it sits unfinished, but restored? Probably not. Back when I sold it 10k was "all the money" for an A12 car.
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 06:31 PM

How times have changed...
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 07:34 PM

I remember when you looked like that. LOL

That's a real cool story.

I wonder what happened to my 68 Hemi Charger - GG1 Dark Green with Gold Interior?
Posted By: minivan

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6
How times have changed...

Ya think....

In 74 I got $700 trade in value for a new Super BEETLE with mine.....

Attached picture DSCF0175.JPG
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
I added the hub caps simply because back then nobody knew that they never had them and they kept giving me grief on cruise night that they were "missing". Yes, I've changed a little since then LOL! The hood decals are backwards because they kept falling off and I put them back on wrong (this time, one of many).

I assume given the background hills this was in Spokane. I see you were into the semi mullet look

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 07:55 PM

Originally Posted By dart4forte

I assume given the background hills this was in Spokane. I see you were into the semi mullet look

I think the photo is from Santa Rosa, California. You can see a blue and gold plate in one of the pics

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 09:00 PM

It is a suburb of Santa Rosa, city of Fulton, on Fulton RD a block or so South of the intersection of Fulton Road and River Rd, background is looking East towards Markwest Springs Road.

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 09:58 PM

It is a suburb of Santa Rosa, city of Fulton, on Fulton RD a block or so South of the intersection of Fulton Road and Gurneville Rd, background is looking East towards Markwest Springs Road.

Use to cruise up there back in the day. Lived in Vallejo

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 10:08 PM

They had a great cruise in Santa Rosa, Menicino ave between 4th Street and Gurneville Rd.

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 11:14 PM

They had a great cruise in Santa Rosa, Menicino ave between 4th Street and Gurneville Rd.

yeah, we got into cruising up that way when they started filming American Graffiti. Of course when the movie came out that was the area to go to.

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/08/16 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By dart4forte

yeah, we got into cruising up that way when they started filming American Graffiti. Of course when the movie came out that was the area to go to.

I would have thought Livermore was a better cruise than Modesto
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/09/16 02:09 PM

I'll take that Mercury for $595... penguin I don't think I have ever seen you with hair... tonguue
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/09/16 05:08 PM

Way cool to see the old pics and the fact the car is still around. Once the new shop is done, you will be looking for "another" project . . . how is the blue Duster running now ???? Great to see you and Miss S. last week !

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/09/16 08:58 PM

Good to see you too Mark! Yea, when the shop is done I'll probably start setting some new car aquisition goals wink

Blue car is getting close, all the fresh under hood work is done and test drive went well. Still some fine tuning to do yet, timing, etc.

Attached picture 2016-06-09 11.57.50.jpg
Attached picture 2016-06-09 11.57.16.jpg

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/10/16 01:23 AM

Good to see you too Mark! Yea, when the shop is done I'll probably start setting some new car aquisition goals wink

Blue car is getting close, all the fresh under hood work is done and test drive went well. Still some fine tuning to do yet, timing, etc.

Good idea putting a plate on the engine side of the MSD. I did that on my 67. I put a pice of insulation on the inside of the plate.
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/11/16 04:30 PM

Too cool! Always fun to go back in time. My car had hubcaps when I bought it in 93. I didn't hate it. Great to see it wasn't actually totaled!
Thanks for sharing!
KID

Attached picture image.jpeg
Posted By: JcodeCharger

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/14/16 01:21 AM

Great story. I have the EV2 A12 Bee a few years ago at Picture Car Warehouse. We spoke for a few minutes that night. You never mentioned you had one at some point.

Re: Found the first car I ever restored- My old 69 A12 Bee! - 06/14/16 03:32 AM

Hey Jcode, yes, I remember that meeting well! Loved your car! Neat to see one that had not been restored yet still driving around thumbs
© 2024 Moparts Forums