Moparts

Wiper arm restoration......

Posted By: THESHAKERPROJECT

Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/13/16 04:58 PM

Does anyone restore wiper arms for 71B bodys ?? Are the arms plated (nickel ? ) or just natural finish ? Can I just blast em with walnut shells or Baking soda to clean them up ?
Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/13/16 05:18 PM

Bill Meerholz restores them.
Posted By: ACR2000

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/13/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By THESHAKERPROJECT
Does anyone restore wiper arms for 71B bodys ?? Are the arms plated (nickel ? ) or just natural finish ? Can I just blast em with walnut shells or Baking soda to clean them up ?

I also do them. Natural stainless finish. You can glass bead / soda blast them. It wont arm the finish. Use the finest grade of glass bead.

Attached picture 2016-03-26 12.10.10.jpg
Attached picture 014.JPG
Attached picture wiper blade restoration (1).jpg
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/13/16 05:50 PM

Originally Posted By ACR2000

I also do them

Nice! Is your work on a case by case basis or is there a flat rate price to restore them?

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/14/16 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By 71rm23
Originally Posted By ACR2000

I also do them

Nice! Is your work on a case by case basis or is there a flat rate price to restore them?

PM sent..
Posted By: bmcuda

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/14/16 02:50 AM

yes i do them. However there is a final process to give them a satin finish as originals were. fine glass bead leaves a more shiny finish.
www.bmcuda.com
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/14/16 03:51 AM

I have a friend with a 67 Coronet. He's looking for a stainless finish to match the bright work of the rest of the car. Is there anything off the shelf available?

Re: Wiper arm restoration...... - 04/15/16 03:01 AM

Originally Posted By Ron_M
I have a friend with a 67 Coronet. He's looking for a stainless finish to match the bright work of the rest of the car. Is there anything off the shelf available?

Tell you friend to have his Arm/blade polish. Stainless will come as brite as chrome if you want...
© 2024 Moparts Forums