Moparts

fuel vapor separator

Posted By: 69Chrgr

fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 04:06 AM

does anyone know if there is more than one supplier of these? I need to buy one for my 69 charger and have found you can spend from 40.00 to 70.00. if they are all the same Ill shop for price, but if some vendors are better than others Ill spend the money on quality.

Thanks

Duane
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 04:23 AM

Frank Badalson has the best ones, but you still have to make a plug for the return hose with the proper size hole in it.

Re: fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 04:24 AM

Why, it's the wrong size?
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 01:14 PM

Most of the repos don't have the screen inside like the original, but Franks does. Now the return line had a hole that was if I remember correctly was just .060 in dia. Maybe Frank has changed that, it has been a while since I got one from him. I just took a bolt and cut the head off and drilled a hole in it and put it inside the rubber hose. Without the hole your fuel pressure can be to low.

Re: fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 06:30 PM

Thanks, I will call Frank and talk to him
Posted By: RealWing

Re: fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 06:52 PM

I had bought one from Year One several years ago and there was no screen or tubes inside it. A cheap knock off.

Plus the engine would not start because there was no restriction in the return line at all. Finally got a good one and restricted the return to 0.040" Car started right up.
The stock size was 0.060", but several people feel that is a little large.
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: fuel vapor separator - 04/11/16 07:33 PM

Vapor Separators
Fuel vapor separator, 1968-1971 440 and 426 Hemi. This unit has the correct internal tube configuration lengths unlike some of them on the market. Full inlet tube length is 2.5". Full outlet and return tube lengths are 3". Metered return orifice is correct. Replacement for 2951192.
Part No: VSEP

http://www.521restorations.com/index.pl?page=bbody&sub1=Fuel

I got one from 521Restorations. I had to squeeze the return orifice a little and redrill to get the correct orifice size. Good quality overall. I also reamed the inside of the tubes for better flow.

Attached picture image.jpeg
Attached picture image.jpeg
© 2024 Moparts Forums