Moparts

Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents

Posted By: Hemiken

Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/03/16 05:32 AM

Hi Guys,

Can you guys with old original pictures or even survivor Shaker vents please post up pictures of them, as i have seen some survivor Shaker vents with a faint silver showing on the horizontal fins and have looked at numerous very old Shaker pictures and it looks to me like the horizontal fins on the Shaker vents were painted silver just like the horizontal fins are on 71 `Cuda cheese grater grille inserts are.
Can anyone confirm this as it really would make sense that they are painted out and could be a long lost or dropped detail that needs to be corrected, in my opinion anyway.
Let me know what others find and think, the most recent 71 `Cuda barn find shows them as painted and has prompted me to ask others of their own opinion and any proof with pictures please.

Thanks,
Kenny.
Posted By: 71redcuda

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/03/16 08:59 AM

Sounds very intresting..
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/03/16 06:31 PM

here's the RJ Renyold's 2010 original mile 71 HEMICUDA

Attached picture plymouth-hemmi-cudascoop.JPG
Attached picture plymouth-hemi-cudascoop.JPG
Attached picture Plymouth-Hemi-Cuda-11.jpg
Attached picture Plymouth-Hemi-Cuda-3.jpg
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/04/16 05:09 AM

Seen one or two in my time but I believe the silver was added.
I know for a fact they had no silver in NOS form

Attached picture framloot2.jpg

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/04/16 02:15 PM

Has anyone got a close up picture of the 71 V-code Cuda Convertible they could share, as that car is in survivor condition and it looks as if it has remnants of the silver on the Shaker vents, has anyone got access to that car.
It is hard to expect the RJ Reynolds car to have any remnant of paint that could have been wiped off, as that car is looking super clean these days.
I have also seen that NOS parts are not always finished as per factory fitted parts too.
I am glad that you said you have seen vents with the silver on them also, i bet it would have been some time ago now.
I am real keen to hear and see what other members can dig up out of their archive of pictures and share with us, i just do not have access to my old pictures right now myself, but i am sure it could be something worth looking in to further.

Thanks guys,
Kenny.
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/04/16 10:49 PM

A lot of things can happen over the course of 46 years, especially in the first few days of bringing the "New Baby" home........

primer
Posted By: mccannix

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/05/16 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By Stewpar
A lot of things can happen over the course of 46 years, especially in the first few days of bringing the "New Baby" home........

primer

iagree
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/05/16 12:43 AM

I have an extremely nice original black bubble and the grills are black, but I can tell when it gets dusty it looks like it's got some gray/silver to it.
Posted By: YYZ

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/05/16 03:28 PM

I'll post up pics of my NOS assembly line bubble. There is no silver on the grilles, though the black paint is pretty thin and most original grilles I've seen aren't completely covered by the time you get to the back.

With a thin coat of paint and a few vigorous washes, it's possible that some cars had the paint wear away to reveal the metal underneath.
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/07/16 02:35 AM

I'll post some pics from when I had my 71 original Shaker apart last year. The shaker has never been painted and I've owned the car since June 1972 Here's pic one

Attached picture 20150316_173818 (Medium).jpg

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/07/16 02:36 AM

A couple more pics.

Attached picture 20150316_174832 (Medium).jpg

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/07/16 02:39 AM

Here's the last one.

Attached picture 20150316_174214 (Medium).jpg

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/07/16 03:02 AM

Hi,

Can you flip your bubble over and show the front of the vents please. I was referring to the front 3 horizontal bars viewed from the front.

Thank you,
Kenny.

Re: Shaker bubble Inserts/Vents - 04/07/16 05:03 AM

I just went out and took this picture. There is no silver paint. Kind of a rough black paint at the back but still black that holds the dirt/dust. I wiped the center clean. I hope this helps.

Attached picture 20160406_195345_resized (Large) (Medium).jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums