Moparts

1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent?

Posted By: stat5

1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/01/16 06:45 PM

For the 1970 cuda tail panel emblems that had the border painted argent were they done in light or dart argent?

Any pictures of original examples would be much appreciated.

Thank you taking a look at my question for any answers/pictures.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/01/16 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By stat5
For the 1970 cuda tail panel emblems that had the border painted argent were they done in light or dart argent?

I know some of the early Cuda finish panel emblems had an argent border, as to light or dark argent?, there's also another possibility, "IF" the early emblems border was done in argent to blend in with the argent painted tail panels, then "medium" argent could also be a viable candidate, until someone can produce a factory drawing/doc of an emblem and it's treatment/application, there's a lot left for interpretation
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/01/16 07:43 PM

I've attached pictures of an NOS early tail panel emblem with the argent paint. The argent is darker than that argent found on tail panels.

Attached picture Cuda1.jpg
Attached picture Cuda2.jpg
Attached picture Cuda3.jpg
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/01/16 10:51 PM

Dark
Posted By: m46rat

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/03/16 02:30 AM

Originally Posted By DAYCLONA
[quote=stat5]For the 1970 cuda tail panel emblems that had the border painted argent were they done in light or dart argent?

I know some of the early Cuda finish panel emblems had an argent border, as to light or dark argent?, there's also another possibility, "IF" the early emblems border was done in argent to blend in with the argent painted tail panels, then "medium" argent could also be a viable candidate, until someone can produce a factory drawing/doc of an emblem and it's treatment/application, there's a lot left for interpretation [/quote

One thing I don't think that is left up for interpretation is that the tail panels were finished in argent. They were not. For a 'cuda they were organasol black only.

Tail panels painted in argent were for Barracuda Gran Coupe models, which never had the 'cuda nameplate on them. They has the three pin scripted Barracuda nameplate.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/03/16 03:58 AM

Originally Posted By m46rat

One thing I don't think that is left up for interpretation is that the tail panels were finished in argent. They were not. For a 'cuda they were organasol black only.

Tail panels painted in argent were for Barracuda Gran Coupe models, which never had the 'cuda nameplate on them. They has the three pin scripted Barracuda nameplate.

Some early cars(Cuda designated models)had textured argent tail panels, these cars do exist, perhaps the argent Cuda scripts and argent tail panels were intended finish options, but later canceled?, perhaps the argent finished emblems were either another vendor source? or pre production qualifying run?
Posted By: sbcjd

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/28/19 11:12 PM

Would this emblem be for sale?
Posted By: OE Argent

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/29/19 12:56 AM

Dk/Med Textured Argent dusted over a black background...
Posted By: sbcjd

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 03/29/19 04:41 AM

Thanks for the info.
Posted By: OE Argent

Re: 1970 Cuda Tail Panel Emblem -Painted with Lt or Dark Argent? - 07/06/19 09:07 PM

like this... NOS Argent Formula, just sprayed last week...

Attached picture 70 cuda deck emblem.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums