Moparts

Bolt kit for door hinges E-body

Posted By: PasiR

Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/20/16 03:01 PM

Who sell original style bolt kit for door hinges?

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/20/16 03:43 PM

Found them!
Posted By: tommie

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/26/16 01:46 AM

I need them Too.. where did you get them?
Posted By: kentj340

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/26/16 11:45 AM

If E body is the same as A and B, then page 111 here:

http://www.amkproducts.com/Catalog_PDF/109-127.pdf

Each side requires 5 of the 3/4" washers on the door side of the hinge and 6 of the 1-1/8" washers on the cowl side of the hinge, a total of 10 small washers and 12 big.

On my car, the original ones with 3/4" washers are maker marked "23", and the big washers "F". Both are marked "F" in the catalog which may or may not be actually "correct" for your car.

Click to buy here about half way down the page, B-13144 for small washer (need 10), B-13183 for big washer (need 12):

http://www.amkproducts.com/bulk2.asp?code=7316&title=Machine+Screws+%2D+Hex+Head+3%2F8
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/26/16 03:40 PM

Not to hijack this thread, but I have another somewhat related question:

Were the door attaching bolts painted body color when the cars were assembled at the factory? Meaning, were the doors painted on the car or separately and then assembled afterwards?

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/27/16 08:08 AM

Originally Posted By B5Cuda440-6
Not to hijack this thread, but I have another somewhat related question:

Were the door attaching bolts painted body color when the cars were assembled at the factory? Meaning, were the doors painted on the car or separately and then assembled afterwards?

They were painted on the car.
Posted By: rhamson

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/27/16 03:24 PM

Mr. Moparts.
Posted By: B5Cuda440-6

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/27/16 03:31 PM

Thanks PasiR.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Bolt kit for door hinges E-body - 01/27/16 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By rhamson
Mr. Moparts.

Not trying to stir the hornets nest or give a bad vibe to a vendor. I had a not so pleasant experience with them.

Called looking for a door seal for my car. person answered all nice and friendly. Told him what I'm looking for and if he had it. He says "Yes, P/N blah blah blah". While on the phone, I put the P/N in, NOT what I needed, wrong number. Told him again what seal I need and where it was. Again, he says same as I stated. I told him it's not the same and that I had the old one in my hand. He replies "Look, I've been doing this for 20 some years, this is the part you need". I said "It's not the same". He hung up on me
© 2024 Moparts Forums