Moparts

AAR power steering pump

Posted By: TX9AAR

AAR power steering pump - 11/24/15 06:37 AM

I was at MCACN this week end and I was able to take alot of pictures of the red AAR that was there for Vintage Certifcation. One thing that I saw that I was not expecting to see was the 2 brackets for the power steering pump that are attached to the engine were orange I was expecting them to be black. This is the only low mileage survivor I have seen with power steering were these brackets always on the engine when it was painted?

Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: AAR power steering pump - 11/24/15 03:41 PM

That looks like it has been altered.

Here is an original;

Attached picture Seattle 2006 203.jpg
Posted By: Morty426

Re: AAR power steering pump - 11/24/15 07:14 PM

That should be black
Posted By: 71redcuda

Re: AAR power steering pump - 11/24/15 08:39 PM

In my research i have only seen black on original cars.
Posted By: Transamcuda

Re: AAR power steering pump - 12/06/15 08:27 PM

Was there more than one red AAR there?? If that was the only red one there that car is not a true survivor and has been fluffed and buffed to try and retain a true survivor appearance. There has been much done to that car. While it is a nice car and does have some things that were not touched it doesn't fall into a true survivor category. More like a nice original driver. I looked the car over at Carlisle when it was in the AAR and T/A display this past summer.
Posted By: moparo

Re: AAR power steering pump - 12/07/15 04:27 AM

Black brackets all the way
Posted By: TX9AAR

Re: AAR power steering pump - 12/08/15 02:46 AM

Thanks for all the replies. I thought black was correct I just wanted to make sure.
Posted By: Maxwellwedge

Re: AAR power steering pump - 12/08/15 04:44 PM

Yes - black brackets....some of the bolts should be/could be orange as they were painted with the engine and re-used for accessories such as power steering etc. The car at MCACN was messed with a bunch - the interior, the bottom, the engine......but the exterior paint was close to 100% original
Posted By: hulmule

Re: AAR power steering pump - 12/09/15 07:12 PM

All original car? didn't know they put a chain for torque from the factory...
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: AAR power steering pump - 12/09/15 07:41 PM

The chain was added, but the headers & aluminum valve covers are OE.

wave

The car is raced & often, but it is a great example of what an original pump & brackets look like on an AAR.
© 2024 Moparts Forums