Moparts

67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help

Posted By: mopar346

67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/26/15 02:30 AM

Good evening,

I had posted this in the Q&A forum instead of here so I left it but after 60 views without an answer I thought I would try it here.

My brother is finishing up a 67 GTX and he needs to know the exact location of fender Hemi badges, hoping someone here has a diagram or the measurements. Also if there is a tail/trunk badge that info would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/26/15 03:16 AM

I can make a template for you from one of my cars. Keep in mind the early 67 cars used the "426 HEMI" emblem and the later used the "HEMI" emblem. Either way placement was the same. 1966 mounted the emblem lower.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/26/15 03:34 AM

Thank you that would be great. Inches from the edge, bottom and body line would be greatly appreciated. It is a 67 and originally a 440 car that has a 540 aluminum in it now. I think they have just the Hemi emblem. He hope to have it at Garlit's in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: sawdust

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/26/15 04:34 AM

Here you go. From an original RO23 car. Dimensions are to hole center.

Attached picture hemi emblem drivers side.JPG
Attached picture hemi emblem passengers side.JPG

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/26/15 03:25 PM

Awesome, thank you. Funny how they weren't even from the factory.

Thanks again.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/27/15 02:38 PM

The holes are not even because of the emblem mounting studs not being symmetric. Once you mount the emblems they should be the same for each side.
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/27/15 08:34 PM

My good friend bought a 67 GTX 4-speed Hemi from the original owner. It did not come with a trunk emblem and lost points because of that. Judge wouldn't believe it even though he had documentation to back it up. Original owner used the car for daily use racking up over 100,000 miles on it with just plugs,points,tailpipe and muffler. Shows the longevity of the Hemi. Also he removed the hood and the kids used it for a sled, he bought a RO hood for it instead ( real hood) same year. GTX hood on it now with the RO hood hanging on the wall. Off topic a little but thought you might want to hear the story.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/28/15 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By sawdust
The holes are not even because of the emblem mounting studs not being symmetric. Once you mount the emblems they should be the same for each side.

Thanks.

Good story on the 100k Hemi, that is unusual. I have a friend with a 9k 67 RO X, 4 speed car too.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/28/15 05:39 PM

what is a 67 RO X?

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/29/15 02:53 AM

67 GTX VIN started with RO, it was a "race only" Hemi car with things like the special hood from the factory. Maybe someone will give all the ins and outs of them, I just know they are special.

Attached picture IMG_3606.JPG

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/29/15 04:21 AM

From the factory the 1967 RO cars were dressed with Belvedere II trim and interior. Bench seat covered in cloth and vinyl, no western scroll interior, no 150 speedometer, short 9" angled arm rests instead of the 13" square ones on GTX. High trim on the body sides, no rocker moulding. Nothing was GTX, the trim or the VIN, the car pictured above has the wrong grille installed.

Many drag cars that we see in vintage pictures are showing an incorrect mix and match of trim and hoods. Sox and Martin had several 67's, all with confused trim.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/29/15 04:33 AM

It's a 9k car he bought new, I will double check the VIN next time I am near it. I do know it's a Hemi 4 speed car and ultra cool. up

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/29/15 06:35 AM

I read this post again, you say it is a 440 car, so the only thing it can be is a RS23L7 GTX. The hood was added.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/29/15 02:17 PM

The car I was asking about the badge location for is one my brother is doing and it IS a 440 car here in Florida, now it has a 540 aluminum Hemi in it. The white car is one that belongs to a friend in PA that he bought new and has is never been done other than racing modes back int he day, the hood is original to the car.

Here's a link to the build with the aliminum Hemi.

http://havanahotrods.com/htm/67gtx.htm

I also noticed last night when I posted the picture of the white car that it has wipers, I was thinking RO/WO cars didn't have wipers or maybe that was earlier years. What is the whole run down on an RO car, what is different about them?

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/29/15 07:07 PM

well then, how about the 64-65 style hood ornament, racing mod?

Plymouth didn't produce a car with the RO hood scoop and a GTX back seat & Grill, so some things were changed somewhere. Check the vIn on that car and let us know what is says.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/30/15 02:21 AM

Interesting, I will next time I get near it. Was I right on no wipers on RO/WOs?

You don't know if the inside door release mechanism is the same on 67 as it is on 68-69 do you? I'm gonna pull an extra one of mine and take it over and try it on the gray car tomorrow, the customer provided 2 or 3 of everything except the releases and he supplied none of them. :-)

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/30/15 03:37 AM

Both drivers and passenger wipers on the RO/WO23 67 hemi cars.
Driver only on the hemi SS 64 and 65 cars.

Originally Posted By mopar346
Interesting, I will next time I get near it. Was I right on no wipers on RO/WOs?

You don't know if the inside door release mechanism is the same on 67 as it is on 68-69 do you? I'm gonna pull an extra one of mine and take it over and try it on the gray car tomorrow, the customer provided 2 or 3 of everything except the releases and he supplied none of them. :-)

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/30/15 03:46 AM

Thank you.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/30/15 03:53 AM

Where in PA is the white car?
As for the special things on RO23 and WO23 cars it is a long a sometimes disputed list. Jim Schild has a booklet about them which offers some insight to the special parts, but as always there are quite a few inaccuracies in respect to some of the parts.
I cannot cover it all here as it would be another book.
To hit some key things:
Radio and heater delete
All cars were WW1, white
4.88 Dana on 4 speed. 4.86? on 8 3/4 auto
Vanke modified intake with lightened/cut up hood and steel scoop.
Seam sealer and sound deadner delete.
Reverse manual auto.
Special hurst shifter with lockout on 4 spd.
Trunk mounted SS battery.
I will stop there to simplify, as they were pretty much a stock hemi car compared to the 64, 65 and 68 cars.

Originally Posted By mopar346
The car I was asking about the badge location for is one my brother is doing and it IS a 440 car here in Florida, now it has a 540 aluminum Hemi in it. The white car is one that belongs to a friend in PA that he bought new and has is never been done other than racing modes back int he day, the hood is original to the car.

Here's a link to the build with the aliminum Hemi.

http://havanahotrods.com/htm/67gtx.htm

I also noticed last night when I posted the picture of the white car that it has wipers, I was thinking RO/WO cars didn't have wipers or maybe that was earlier years. What is the whole run down on an RO car, what is different about them?

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/30/15 04:03 AM

On inside door release, I never tried swapping them, interchange seems likely. Give it a try.

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 10/30/15 04:18 AM

I'm gonna try to make time to get down there tomorrow and see if it fits. I figure the rod running back to the latch is probably different but we can make the rods, I knwo the actual pull handles are the same, 3 sets of those. shruggy

Re: 67 GTX Hemi fender badge location help - 11/02/15 04:31 AM

I finally got around to pulling a release assembly and taking it down to my brother's today. The 69 set up out of a Coronet including the rod fit perfectly with no issues. Just thought I would finish the thread.

Thanks for the help folks.
© 2024 Moparts Forums