Moparts

Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards

Posted By: floyd

Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/04/15 04:08 PM

I have heard good things about both. Does anyone have experience with both and did you notice any differences between their service, quality, etc?

70 E-body standard black Pontenier

Thanks!
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Evens - 10/04/15 04:13 PM

I've used both and have been happy with both, they both do excellent work. Bill is faster (by a mile) and is much more attentive when it comes to service. Sharon is slow, probably a year or more, and hard to reach at times, she is also much more expensive. That said, her work is the most accurate I've seen when it comes to O.E. details, it's just a matter of what you are looking for.

Posted By: dart4forte

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Evens - 10/04/15 04:49 PM

Another option to consider is Bill Edwards. He did the belts in my GTS.
Posted By: floyd

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Evens - 10/04/15 05:08 PM

Thanks - I meant Bill Edwards - I got his name wrong in my first post.

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Evens - 10/04/15 05:37 PM

Don't know Sharon but I do know Bill, known him for over 20 years. Good guy, very talented and makes a quality product. Bill will work with you if you have a timeline.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Evens - 10/05/15 02:07 AM

Bill has done several sets for me......great work, quick turn around and fair pricing.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 05:46 AM

Bill is a real Mopar guy with a great product, you can't ask for better customer service.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 08:37 AM

Does anyone have contact information for this Bill Edwards?

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 02:42 PM

beewagon69@yahoo.com

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 02:46 PM

Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
beewagon69@yahoo.com

Thanks Scott.

You going to Fall Fling?

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 02:58 PM

No, buried here at the moment. I plan to make MCACN though

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 03:10 PM

Yeah I saw that Wade is bringing out the toys. He brought a bunch to the Ohlone college show one year and it was mind boggling. I've seen some of the Blake cars at the MATS.

Would be cool to see a bunch together.

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 05:24 PM

Say Scott, how's the Duster coming along?

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/05/15 05:57 PM

The Dusters SPD is 10-04-1970. Yesterday marked it's 45th birthday and that's the drive train front suspension was reunited with the body,still a few loose ends to tidy up today and it's in, I'll be doing a full article in an upcoming Chrysler Power article.

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/06/15 02:57 AM

The Dusters SPD is 10-04-1970. Yesterday marked it's 45th birthday and that's the drive train front suspension was reunited with the body,still a few loose ends to tidy up today and it's in, I'll be doing a full article in an upcoming Chrysler Power article.

Cool. I know it's a good feeling in getting that engine/trains in. That engine cradle sure comes in handy.

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/07/15 05:02 AM

Dart4forte...for you smile

Attached picture Engine In Duster.jpg
Attached picture Engine in.jpg

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/07/15 04:45 PM

Dart4forte...for you smile

Thanks. That's going to be a nice runner. Like I said it's a good feeling to have it sitting there at that stage of the build.
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/07/15 09:56 PM

Scott

What paint ( sheen etc) did you use for front blackout?

KV

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/08/15 12:54 AM

It's a satin finish paint matched to some original panel samples I had, it was mixed by a friend of mine here locally, no paint code though, sorry. It was gun sprayed using patterns taken from original paint cars (Thanks to Brent Falin on that one).
Posted By: cdp

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/08/15 12:52 PM

Duster looks fantastic!
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/08/15 02:40 PM

I have several sets by Bill and always happy with him
Posted By: cataclysm80

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/08/15 09:55 PM

What about using the BE&A seatbelts? I think ECS makes labels for them.
I haven't kept up with the car scene the past few years, but I'm going to need a set of black belts for a bucket seat 70 Roadrunner. Mine have been cut. I'm not even sure if I have all the pieces.

Tav
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/09/15 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By cataclysm80
I haven't kept up with the car scene the past few years, but I'm going to need a set of black belts for a bucket seat 70 Roadrunner. Mine have been cut. I'm not even sure if I have all the pieces.

Tav

I bought a set of seat belts for my '71 Challenger from BE&A a few years back and I was very pleased with them. No labels included, I'd have to buy a set from ECS and install them myself if I wanted.
I'm pretty sure BE&A has closed their doors, or if still around are just selling off remaining inventory.
PG Classics is still around so these seat belts could most likely be sourced from them.
I had Bill Edwards restore my T/As seat belts a year or so back and can't say enough about his work and quick turnaround. up
My restored belts included new ECS tags and the price was similar to what I paid for my new belts from BEA a few years earlier. Bill is one of the "good guys"!

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/09/15 07:13 PM

Thanks a bunch! I guess I'll have to see if I have all the pieces or not. It's good to see some familiar people around here. smile

I hadn't heard about BE&A. Any idea what happened?

Tav
Posted By: m46rat

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/10/15 02:08 AM

Tav

Tav: Nice to see you back on the board! Just a note for you about these reproduction belts. If you are at all fussy(and I remember you to be), you should know that both the BE&A belts and the PG Classic ones ALL have the 1971 chrome ends on them for the ones they list as 1970. They are a very different style from year to year, and in my opinion a glaringly obvious difference.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/10/15 03:24 PM

Thanks for the heads up Dwight that'll save some research time for anyone needing the 70 belts...

Scott the Duster is looking great as we've all come to expect from you... up
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/11/15 03:44 PM

Sharons Web did a beautiful job on a set of B-body belts for me. They were in bad shape when sent and turned out nice.

I used Snake Oil once, never again, overpriced and not accurate when done.
Posted By: Cuda Cody

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/18/15 02:04 PM

I've had good luck with Bill Edwards. He just is finishing up 7 complete sets for me and I'll continue to use him. The price is fair, he does good work and his turnaround time is good. Customer service is the best I've found out of all the people doing belts IMO.

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/02/17 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By m46rat

Tav

Tav: Nice to see you back on the board! Just a note for you about these reproduction belts. If you are at all fussy(and I remember you to be), you should know that both the BE&A belts and the PG Classic ones ALL have the 1971 chrome ends on them for the ones they list as 1970. They are a very different style from year to year, and in my opinion a glaringly obvious difference.

It turned out that the three seatbelt pieces that came with my Road Runner weren't even from that car (in addition to having been cut).
I'm definitely considering Bill Edwards for my 70 Challenger build, but for the Road Runner I just ordered a reproduction set from PG Classic.
70 B body belts are one year only.
http://www.pgclassic.com/1850-70buk-100
In case anyone wants to know what their current chrome ends look like, here's a pic of them still in the bag new.

Attached picture IMG_20170821_063840038.jpg
Posted By: RP's R/T's

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/02/17 07:51 PM

'Floyd'...Stop Milking that project out! smile

I used Sharon's Web when she first broke away from Snake-Oyl. She was slow, but overall the workmanship was great.
What I had an issue with, and fixed with my body guy, was the buckle color.
I imagine each supplier was tasked with trying to match the color of the interior, based on some swatch, as best as possible. In this instance it was suppose to be B5. I had a few sets of buckles, so when the restored ones came back I compared the colors. The buckles on the restored were closer to B5, but the originals were something more dark, not quite B7 and a but more turquoise.
Black is easy.
Colors and your personal concern for what constitutes original is a different story.
Never used Bill.
Posted By: Convertcuda

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/03/17 03:43 AM

Biil Edwards hands down is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! Great communications!!!!!! Great Prices!!!!!!!!!
Great Follow through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/03/17 03:19 PM

[quote=convertcuda]Biil Edwards hands down is the best!!!!!!!!!!!! Great communications!!!!!! Great Prices!!!!!!!!!
Great Follow through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2nd that
Bob
Posted By: blewbyu

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/03/17 03:42 PM

I have had about 10 sets done by Bill and always perfect and on time.
Posted By: hemi_tyme

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/11/17 08:08 PM

I've had 10 or15 sets done by Bill and always very happy with his work
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: Seat Belt Resto - Sharon's Web vs. Bill Edwards - 10/14/17 01:48 AM

hi, I called Bill monday morning per this post and ordered a kit for a 69 coronet. ups dropped off the box Friday afternoon. they are works of art. fast, great price, and super easy to talk to. I cant wait to get him some more work. highly recommended. ronnie
© 2024 Moparts Forums