Moparts

Instrument panel wire harness question

Posted By: sixpackbird

Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 02:40 AM

Working on a 1971 Cuda rallye dash, where does the yellow wire from the steering column title lamp connect to the dash wire harness? Does anyone have a picture?
Thanks
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 02:55 AM

What's a title lamp?

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 03:15 AM

The title lamp is a small bulb on the steering column next to the hazard lamp switch, not sure why its called a title lamp.
Posted By: Pynzo

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 03:31 AM

My '70 Bee has an unused yellow wire w/ black tracer pigtailed into a female bullet connection near the fuse block that by my FSM wiring chart says is for Ignition Switch Lamp Ground. Maybe that's what you're looking for.

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 03:58 AM

This wire is yellow without a tracer. It should be the power source for the title lamp, but I am not sure where it should connect to.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 04:14 AM

Originally Posted By sixpackbird
This wire is yellow without a tracer. It should be the power source for the title lamp, but I am not sure where it should connect to.
The wire is part of the A01 light package. There is a bundle of wires that is tucked under the dash. In the middle of the bundle is an aluminum can that is the time delay. There should be a socket on a yellow wire there with two connections. One goes to the bulb over the headlight switch and the other goes to the bulb you are asking about.
Craig
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 04:48 AM

The lamp, or lamps, would connect to a small harness for the time delay relay, that harness would in turn connect to female bullet connectors in the main dash harness, one for unswitched power (red three-way tap) and a single yellow with trace that is the left door switch ground circuit.
Posted By: 1932chrysler

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 04:59 AM

here is a photo

Attached picture Picture 043 (2).jpg
Posted By: 1932chrysler

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/26/15 05:18 AM

another

Attached picture DSC04964 (2).JPG

Re: Instrument panel wire harness question - 08/27/15 03:02 AM

Thank you everyone for the information, this was extremely helpful. Thank you for the pictures 1932 Chrysler, those are a great help.
© 2024 Moparts Forums