Moparts

Clone it or leave it ?

Posted By: Anonymous

Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 12:56 AM

My car is a very complete and unmolested 70 Sport Satilite. My question is,do I leave it a satilite,or make it a Road Runner or GTX clone? It is optioned very well with factory a/c and console shift auto with a 383 and the GTX style grille. My five year old daughter votes Road Runner. I haven't seen very many Sport Satilites compared to Road Runners or GTXs. Just want to be a little different.Any input is good input. Thanks Shawn.
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 01:02 AM

Quote:

I haven't seen very many Sport Satilites compared to Road Runners or GTXs. Just want to be a little different.

Bingo. I'd vote to keep it as-is.
Posted By: fig426

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 01:04 AM

I'd keep it a sport but add a hood, a go-wing, and some wheels. That's just my thought. It's your car!! Do what you want.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 01:08 AM

Your description started out as "Very complete and unmolested"....I don't think its a stretch to guess which way you are thinking, and I agree.
Posted By: dodgem_doug

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 01:13 AM

Shawn, You'll get alot of do this or do that but in all it's up to you. I went through the same thing when I bought my Sebring Plus. Clone it or leave it. Now that's done I'm glad I left it original. I enjoy the comments when showing it or racing it they say, haven't seen many of these around. In most cases they're cloned to Road Runners but in your case it's strictly your call. I wish you best of luck in what ever you decide, and I like to see pictures of it. The Satellite Sports are sweet cars!

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 01:36 AM

I already have a Road Runner hood and the car came with a set of magnum 500 wheels.Also plan on adding a correct dated coded 4bbl intake with a holley and some stainless exhaust with TTI stainless headers.All you guy's are telling me what I want to hear, thanks loads, Shawn.
Posted By: Michael

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 01:52 AM

Yes, leave it as is.
Posted By: Hoof Hearted

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 02:06 AM

Make it a Sleeper.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 02:14 AM

Theres a fellow in the Vancouver area that has a minty black 70 Sport Satellite. That car probably gets more attention than a Runner or GTX, maybe because it's a bit different. I would leave it.

Sheldon
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 02:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I haven't seen very many Sport Satilites compared to Road Runners or GTXs. Just want to be a little different.

Bingo. I'd vote to keep it as-is.

it made it 39 years without being messed with, don't start now
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 02:53 AM

Quote:

I already have a Road Runner hood and the car came with a set of magnum 500 wheels.Also plan on adding a correct dated coded 4bbl intake with a holley and some stainless exhaust with TTI stainless headers.All you guy's are telling me what I want to hear, thanks loads, Shawn.

Id definatly go with that set up
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 04:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Id definatly go with that set up

I agree that sounds like a great set up and would be a fun car
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 09:57 AM

I think leave it as is...ALSO POST A PIX....Please
Posted By: mickm

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 05:39 PM

i say leave it as it is, but maybe add some hidden ponies under the hood there

there is a guy local here who has an absolutely amazing 70 sort satellite. FK5 like mine, with almost every option you can imagine. 383 4spd car, trim everywhere, it is stunning. and yes, people flock around it while leaving the rows of road runners and gtx's behind, because it is so unusual.

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 11:23 PM

I will be post pictures soon,my restore is partially under way.I have all the front sheet metal removed ,and have removed the front glass to reveal NO RUST at all, the floor pans are also perfect.The only rust I have found is in the lower rear quarters and around the bottom of the rear window,so my plans are to replace both rear quarters and the panel below the rear window with AMD replacement parts [also the trunk gutters]this should remove any signs of rust. I also am in process of building a rottiserie to put the car on after sheet metal replacement.This car is also a true 40k survivor with ALL original parts,even the wheels.
Posted By: GYM

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/21/09 11:39 PM

Leave it as is; and please avoid the go-wing on a square Mopar syndrome. That has been so over done... (Just my .02 cts)

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/22/09 12:02 AM

I think I'm with you there.
Posted By: rrunner

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/22/09 12:18 AM

Quote:

Leave it as is; and please avoid the go-wing (Just my .02 cts)

I heard that! Think I would add rallye or road wheels if it's got full wheel covers or even dog dish caps and that would be about it. I had to add the road wheels to my 68 RR as the DELUXE full wheel covers were UGLY! I saved them of course but don't think they will ever make it back on the car as long as I own it.
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/22/09 12:21 AM

Another vote to leave it as a Sport Satelite

Dave
Posted By: lokalik

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/22/09 12:58 AM

do with want you want. what do you want to drive/have? check mopar of month, 70 sport sat. i saw a 70 gtx badged also as a r/r because thats what the guy wanted.

Re: Clone it or leave it ? - 01/22/09 01:13 AM

I am thinking of a few upgrades, like 4 wheel disc brakes,hemi springs and torsion bars with afco polished alum double adjustable shocks.And for the engine A purple shaft .480 lift cam Kieth Black pistons,crane gold roller rockers, some port and bowl work on A set of 915 heads,maybe a blue bottle in the trunk for the occational weekend at the strip,who knows.But my plan is for it to retain stock appearance.
© 2024 Moparts Forums