Moparts

Seat Belt resto... dye?

Posted By: JMCFAN

Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 03:06 AM

Belts are in good shape... just faded.. Going to dye them. What about the labels...??
Posted By: 7812845

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 04:29 AM

I'm watching this post as I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I went to the auto parts store and they sell a vinyl and fabric paint in aerosol can. I also found at Walmart in the auto section a bottle of fabric dye that applies like the old liquid shoe polish of several years ago. I need to finish cleaning my belts, so I haven't had a chance to use either one yet. Let's see what others have to say.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 04:59 AM

Quote:

I'm watching this post as I'm getting ready to do the same thing. I went to the auto parts store and they sell a vinyl and fabric paint in aerosol can. I also found at Walmart in the auto section a bottle of fabric dye that applies like the old liquid shoe polish of several years ago. I need to finish cleaning my belts, so I haven't had a chance to use either one yet. Let's see what others have to say.

If your belts are black or darker than your seat upholstery, the spray dye will rub off the belts and mark the seat upholstery

Rit fabric dye that you boil on the stove is the best procedure, but you have to remove the sewn in labels to avoid dyeing them also, your choice as to whether you sew them back on later?
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 05:03 AM

There's a guy that restores them on this site named Bill maybe someone knows his ID he might recommend b est coloring choice.
Tags I believe ECS makes them, or have Bill tune them up for you and replace the tags
Prices are fair and does a nice job
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 05:10 AM

Bill goes by 69440
He'll do pretty much any level of resto including r&r your tags or replace
Posted By: 7812845

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 05:12 AM

Is this the restorer you mentioned? My interior is all black and so are the belts. Waiting to see others input on this subject. If your looking to have your Mopar seat belts restored look no further than our own Moparts member Bill Edwards: http://allmoparseatbelts.com/about.asp
Posted By: LYNCHROAD69.5

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/29/15 02:58 PM

Quote:

Is this the restorer you mentioned? My interior is all black and so are the belts. Waiting to see others input on this subject. If your looking to have your Mopar seat belts restored look no further than our own Moparts member Bill Edwards: http://allmoparseatbelts.com/about.asp

Bill has done two sets of belts for me...restored my originals and swaped out some nice cores for a restored set...great service and very resonable pricing.
Posted By: wannadrag

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/30/15 12:11 AM

couple bucks for some RIT dye and your good to go.
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Seat Belt resto... dye? - 03/30/15 01:59 AM

I did the Ritz Dye on mine. Look at their website for directions. My label's were all ready old and mostly gone so it didn't bother me that the are no black.
© 2024 Moparts Forums