Moparts

8 3/4 drums Painted or cast?

Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 12:37 AM

I know if a b body came with road wheels they got the red stripe but what about steel wheels? Where the drums just cast or black? 69 Dodge btw. I did try searching on moparts just to not double post but no matches came up with 8 3/4 drum coating. Probably could keep trying other ways of saying it.

thanks

corey
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 02:50 AM

drums were always bare with the exception being the faces were painted red if you got the rallye or road wheels. Steel wheels would have had the drums natural heat treated metal.
Posted By: mopars_1

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 04:44 AM

Quote:

drums were always bare with the exception being the faces were painted red if you got the rallye or road wheels. Steel wheels would have had the drums natural heat treated metal.

Posted By: 69Y2RT

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 06:48 AM

on my October 1968 St. Louis built 69 Coronet R/T that has been off the road since 1975, to me they all look to have black on them but I can't say 100% that it was done at the factory since I am not the original owner.

Attached picture 8450808-rear_drum.jpg
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 08:37 AM

Quote:

There is a documented Challenger T/A with steel wheels and trim rings with factory back painted faces. So not always bare or red.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 08:39 AM

Quote:

on my October 1968 St. Louis built 69 Coronet R/T that has been off the road since 1975, to me they all look to have black on them but I can't say 100% that it was done at the factory since I am not the original owner.

Did that car come with dog dish caps or full wheel covers?
Posted By: 69Y2RT

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 08:58 AM

Quote:

Did that car come with dog dish caps or full wheel covers?

Couldn't say for sure what it had, what was left of the build sheets that I found in the car were for a different car.

The rims that were on it when I got the car were not the original ones so I can't even tell by checking for marks on them.
Posted By: steve70

Re: 8 3/4 drums Painted or cast? - 03/06/15 01:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There is a documented Challenger T/A with steel wheels and trim rings with factory back painted faces. So not always bare or red.

Original T/A painted black

Attached picture 8450941-Picture144small.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums