Moparts

Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best????

Posted By: Stewpar

Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/23/15 11:33 PM

Haven't ordered these in many years, who's the best these days????
Posted By: bronze69

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/23/15 11:46 PM

Fine Lines
Posted By: dobie

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 12:17 AM

I used The Right Stuff SS brake and fuel lines on mine. Fit great and zero leaks.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 12:42 AM

Either FineLines or Right Stuff, I've used both over the years, if preferred, I'd go with FineLines if they cover my application(s) as a first choice, ....stainless, the only choice
Posted By: RagtopChallenger

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 12:58 AM

I used Classic Tube for other makes and they were beautiful! Pre-bent and stainless is the only way to go!
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 02:03 AM

I used Inline Tubes... no issues. Nice fit
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 02:22 AM

I've had nothing but trouble from the wrong stuff, they don't even know how the correct front hose should be made like. On the other hand their customer service is very good, they just can't make the right stuff.

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 03:02 AM

Quote:

I've had nothing but trouble from the wrong stuff, they don't even know how the correct front hose should be made like. On the other hand their customer service is very good, they just can't make the right stuff.

LOL, that is the feedback I have gotten over the years as well. I used Fine Lines back on my last project and was very pleased, looks like I will be going back to them. And yes, stainless all the way.............
Posted By: Purestocker

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 07:46 PM

google inline tube before you buy, poor service from what I read, I have not used them myself, but it looks like they have some issues with service, I bought mine at the rite stuff and had no issues, good people,
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/24/15 08:44 PM

We are dealers for Fine Lines if you'd care for a quote. Just email us direct what you're looking for.

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/25/15 03:20 AM

Email sent..........
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/25/15 03:29 AM

I'll use nothing but Finelines

Every brake / fuel line set I've bought came from Randy at Dixie .
Posted By: Silver70

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/26/15 02:02 AM

I get right stuff from summit, never had a problem with the lines and get it shipped free
Posted By: charge70

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/26/15 02:49 AM

Another vote for Fine Lines John.

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/26/15 04:37 AM

Quote:

I'll use nothing but Finelines

Every brake / fuel line set I've bought came from Randy at Dixie .

Emailed them and they have better pricing to boot!!!
Posted By: 70440SIXPK

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/28/15 12:30 AM

I've used fine lines ... Ok product, in my experience I've needed to twist and bend them a bit. One thing that I don't care for is their customer service. Every time that I have called them (3-4) times has been a less than pleasant experience. In my opinion the people that I have spoke to have been somewhat rude. When I call I have part numbers ready to go so there are no stupid questions not sure why is get that kind of treatment. It almost made me feel like I should spend my money elsewhere even if that meant getting an inferior product ...
Posted By: RP's R/T's

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 02/28/15 05:11 PM

I have usually waited to buy the long lines at the Nationals so I get them without the extra, needed bend for shipping.
At the Nationals it seems that the more knowledgeable people of years ago are being replaced by less knowledgeable people.

Also, wasn't there some relationship between FineLines and Right Stuff? I recall that one did the tube bending for the other.

I have always bought the OE material instead of the Stainless. I had heard that the hardness of the stainless created issues sometimes with getting a good seal at connections. Also, I thought, if the crappy originals lasted 35 years and 80,000 miles, surely the new ones will last longer when it is stored in a climate controlled garage and driven 1500 miles a year.
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/02/15 05:28 PM

Quote:

I have always bought the OE material instead of the Stainless. I had heard that the hardness of the stainless created issues sometimes with getting a good seal at connections. Also, I thought, if the crappy originals lasted 35 years and 80,000 miles, surely the new ones will last longer when it is stored in a climate controlled garage and driven 1500 miles a year.

I agree!! More correct looking and cost less! We don't expose our cars to the elements like they were the first time around.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/02/15 07:27 PM

Quote:

Generally the problem associated with sealing stainless steel lines/fittings for a leak proof fit is an improper installation, no oil or lube on the threads, along with using a "standard" wrench, rather than the proper tube wrench, no lube the threads gall, therefore you can't tighten the fitting because it's galled on the threads binding, then most will compound the issue using a "standard" wrench, which "eggs" the tube fitting, which now causes the tube double flare to "egg" on the flare fitting, then nothing but leaks, and then the irate (often inept/uneducated)end user has nothing but disdain for SS lines

I personally prefer SS lines, they can be easily polished bright for a custom look, or brushed/scotchbrited down to look like OEM steel lines, and granted most restored rides won't see the mileage that they may have seen originally, what they will see however is longer periods of dormant sitting where any water moisture trapped in the brake fluid can/will rot steel lines from the inside out, I've seen it before on long term storage vehicles with "new" steel lines...I've never had an issue using/forming/flaring SS lines
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/02/15 10:26 PM

Quote:

I have scotch-brited, and cleared OEM lines...

They did not hold up at all...

My experience with SS has been multiple sealing issues...

Flares not as forgiving as 'softer' OEM steel...

My experience with In Line Tube has not been good...
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/02/15 11:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm a Fine Line fan. I have bought fuel and brake lines now from them for 3 cars and they all fit fine. I am not a fan of stainless, the first mild steel set lasted 30 years, so...

All fittings should be lubed/oiled before installation. IF YOU DON'T ON STAINLESS THEN YOU DON'T HAVE CHANCE OF MAKING THEM SEAL, IMO...aND LIKE mIKE SAID, NEED A GOOD WRENCH.

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/02/15 11:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Have to now agree with no for Inline....customer service sucks!
Posted By: Mattax

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/03/15 02:02 AM

Well it depends on how one defines best. Closest or original, nicest bends, helpful service, blah blah.
My experience FWIW - and this goes back at least 5 years, maybe closer to 10.
Goal: Performance, overkill heat reduction and flow capacity.
Need: Replace the main chassis fuel line which had some rust and maybe even porosity over the axle, but no obvious leak.
Decision: Stainless 3/8 line in stock location (plus pick up and feed, of course).

Purchased in this order for a '67 Barracuda:
1. Fine Lines, claimed to fit 67-8 B & V. Bends were somewhat collapsed, so returned. See goals if this seems extreme.
2. Classic Tube, claimed to fit 67-8 B & V. Did not fit my '67 B'cuda correctly. Cut up tubing for other purposes.
3. Inline, claimed to fit 67 B. Fit well in original location.

Is there a difference between 67 and 68 or between Barracuda and Valiant? My guess is yes. Does that mean that the people at Inline know when there differences better than the other two? I have no idea. All I can say is that they did in this one instance.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/03/15 02:55 AM

Fine Lines stainless Steel brake and fuel lines here

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/03/15 03:01 AM

Quote:

Well it depends on how one defines best. Closest or original, nicest bends, helpful service, blah blah.
My experience FWIW - and this goes back at least 5 years, maybe closer to 10.
Goal: Performance, overkill heat reduction and flow capacity.
Need: Replace the main chassis fuel line which had some rust and maybe even porosity over the axle, but no obvious leak.
Decision: Stainless 3/8 line in stock location (plus pick up and feed, of course).

Purchased in this order for a '67 Barracuda:
1. Fine Lines, claimed to fit 67-8 B & V. Bends were somewhat collapsed, so returned. See goals if this seems extreme.
2. Classic Tube, claimed to fit 67-8 B & V. Did not fit my '67 B'cuda correctly. Cut up tubing for other purposes.
3. Inline, claimed to fit 67 B. Fit well in original location.

Is there a difference between 67 and 68 or between Barracuda and Valiant? My guess is yes. Does that mean that the people at Inline know when there differences better than the other two? I have no idea. All I can say is that they did in this one instance.

Ok I will elaborate. Inline fuel lines and full length brake lines fit fine. The rear end brake lines did not...now I will say that I ordered last year and am just getting to the rear end install.

When I inquired about the wrong lines was asked to send a pic and they would SELL me a set that fit...30 days to check fit etc or no return.. I will just eat it.. but will go else where.. I spent well over $500 with them.... those 2 pieces are $25..and never been installed...

Just me...
Posted By: 340cpe

Re: Full Length Fuel/Brake Lines, Who Is The Best???? - 03/03/15 04:05 AM

Fine lines products fit great and the customer service is just as good. I have had poor customer service with In Line. Bought some parking brake cables and the first application of the parking brake the "barrel" that is crimped to the end of the cable came off. I was getting ready for a car show and now had no parking brake with a four speed car and guess what, In Line employees could care less. Absolutley refused to address the problem until I sent the old one back. Given the circumstances I think that they should have sent another cable as I returned the bad one to expedite things. Oh well last time I will deal there.
© 2024 Moparts Forums