Moparts

68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag?

Posted By: craigerlitz

68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 07:33 AM

If a car was equipped with sport group and the interior decor group, should there be something on the fender tag? Would the interior decor group be the deluxe interior or trim?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Attached picture 8354014-68_Barracuda0018.jpg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 07:40 AM

Yes, the interior "décor group" would be covered on the fender tag by the interior.

There is a "SPORT" & a "SPORT SPECIAL" and the components (& price) of each package varied by what body style the car is (BH23 BH27 BH29). It would be easier to post a pic of your tag & have it decoded.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 08:32 AM

Quote:

If a car was equipped with sport group and the interior decor group, should there be something on the fender tag? Would the interior decor group be the deluxe interior or trim?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

Interior décor is deluxe interior.

I don't know if the sport group shows up on the tag. I had all the components of the sport group on my car including the coded on the tag custom sill moldings. But Sport Group nor Wood Steering Wheel shows on my tag. I don't have a buildsheet.
Posted By: TimS

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 02:12 PM

Quote:

Yes, the interior "décor group" would be covered on the fender tag by the interior.

There is a "SPORT" & a "SPORT SPECIAL" and the components (& price) of each package varied by what body style the car is (BH23 BH27 BH29). It would be easier to post a pic of your tag & have it decoded.

Was the simulated wood grain instrument panel part of the Sport Special as well? I have a Sport Special car but my panel is blacked out and you can tell its been crudely repainted. My console has the wood grain on it.

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Was the simulated wood grain instrument panel part of the Sport Special as well? I have a Sport Special car but my panel is blacked out and you can tell its been crudely repainted. My console has the wood grain on it.

No. Not with sport special.

Woodgrain instrument was in the SPORT group.

Woodgrain console is from a 69-up A-body. If it has a button on the console door, that's a 70-up console door.

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 07:39 PM

The 362 "rallye instrument panel" OPTION included the 150 speedo with trip odometer & the (burl) wood grain dash. (for $6.10) It was included with the "SPORT" group(s).

The 360 "interior décor group" OPTION included the (burl) wood grain door inserts & is the ONLY way to get the deluxe (D6_) bucket seats.

Lots can be learned reading the Barracuda section of the '68 Plymouth DATA BOOK at HAMTRAMCK-HISTORICAL!
Posted By: TimS

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 08:19 PM

My 68 has the 150 speedo with trip odometer originally. It should also have the wood grain dash then?

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 08:24 PM

Quote:

My 68 has the 150 speedo with trip odometer originally. It should also have the wood grain dash then?

Yes.

Original wood grain was printed on a fairly stiff piece of aluminum sheet. Sorta like the E-body printed wood grain overlay.

There are 3 separate pieces: left (flasher), center (around middle pod), and right (heater controls)
Posted By: craigerlitz

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 08:28 PM

I agree that a lot can be learned from the library at Hamtramck Historical. Thanks Barry.

I thought the interior decor group would be the deluxe interior. Thanks for confirming that autoxcuda and 6bblgt.

Any thoughts on the sport accessory group? Should anything be on the fender tag or is it only on the broadcast sheet?

Thanks,
Craig

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 08:40 PM

Quote:

Any thoughts on the sport accessory group? Should anything be on the fender tag or is it only on the broadcast sheet?

Thanks,
Craig

I don't have a buildsheet for my car. But my car had everything present that the Sport accessory group and it's not on my fender tag.

Really need to see a car with Sport group on the window sticker or buildsheet and THEN read the corresponding fender tag.

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 09:45 PM

I don't have many '68 Barracuda b'cast sheet copies, one I found is a 383 "S" coupe with wheel liners - I also have a copy of the window sticker, but NO "SPORT" or "SPORT SPECIAL" OPTIONS. If anyone has any '68 Barracuda b'cast sheets & would like them decoded send them my way - dhead68AThotmail.com

Re: 68 Barracuda options, should they be on fender tag? - 12/07/14 10:19 PM

Here's a "Sport Special" group.

Not for my car. 68 Barracuda coupe Window Sticker and Build Sheet and tag. Does NOT have "Sport" group.

Attached picture 8354573-PICT3204.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums