Moparts

Locating and mounting '71 RR chin spoilers?

Posted By: Slant6pak

Locating and mounting '71 RR chin spoilers? - 09/16/14 04:22 AM

Hey guys,

I totally don't need them right now, but I purchased a repop set of chin spoilers for my '71 Roadrunner clone.

They were made by First Place Auto Products, which IIRC are the best reproductions out there. There are molded plastic, not fiberglass.

Anyway, they didn't come with any mounting instructions, somebody wouldn't happen to have a nifty diagram for getting them in right place, would they?

Also, for those that have used them before? Any advice? Did you leave them bare plastic or paint them, etc?

Thanks in advance.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Locating and mounting '71 RR chin spoilers? - 09/16/14 05:49 AM

I used the 'line' between the valance, and the fender as a horizontal reference...

Use your eye to 'center'...

Mine are ABS; no paint...

Mounted 'em using SS hardware...(Bolts, flats, locks, nuts)..

They look the same as they did when they went on 20 years ago...

(Might catch a few bugs, if'n you're gonna drive)...

Attached picture 8271473-securedownload.jpg
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Locating and mounting '71 RR chin spoilers? - 09/16/14 06:17 AM

Yup.

Sheldon

Attached picture 8271510-Sean'sfieldtrip2007053.jpg
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Locating and mounting '71 RR chin spoilers? - 09/16/14 02:48 PM

Leave them unpainted, they will look better. The reason there wasn't any instructions is that there never was any instructions. They came in the trunk, and the dealer installed them where ever they thought was right. I even know of one car that has them on backwards.
Posted By: Slant6pak

Re: Locating and mounting '71 RR chin spoilers? - 09/17/14 04:24 PM

Thanks for the pics guys,

I'll save those for future reference. Two quick question, did you guy dress down the rough molded edges on the spoilers?

And what is the correct way to fasten them to the fenders? I have the hardware kit, do the nuts go inside the fender with the bolts and washers on the outside?

Thanks
© 2024 Moparts Forums