Moparts

shaker color

Posted By: aar1

shaker color - 09/11/14 08:47 PM

someone refresh my fading memory...... on a red cuda with a shaker, what colors were available for the shaker itself? Black, Body color or silver argent? Or all of the above?
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: shaker color - 09/11/14 09:44 PM

1970 or 1971?
Posted By: 1cuda

Re: shaker color - 09/12/14 12:02 AM

all of the above...only a very few real early built red cuda`s had red shakers-unless someone has pics of the car dated early in it`s life would i believe it came with a red shaker.

most 70 cuda`s had medium dark textured argent.

late 70 and most 71 cars had black shakers.

there have been well documented examples of 71 cars with argent-even late in production.

i don`t think black shakers were seen until mid/late 70 production.

a lot of red shakers were painted over with argent so don`t think that if it had red underneath then it was a red shakered car.

i have never heard of a red shakered challenger.

i seen pics of a factory go mango shaker on a go mango challenger.

apart from that there is no documentation on tags or buildsheet or assembly line color co ordination to say what color was on the car.

all the best
frank.
Posted By: KISSAlien

Re: shaker color - 09/12/14 06:49 PM

Quote:

someone refresh my fading memory...... on a red cuda with a shaker, what colors were available for the shaker itself? Black, Body color or silver argent? Or all of the above?

You didn't really get to pick a shaker color. It just came with a shaker and depending on the model and year the color would vary.

But red/argent/black are the only colors made based on factory documents.

Re: shaker color - 09/12/14 06:58 PM

Quote:

all of the above...only a very few real early built red cuda`s had red shakers-unless someone has pics of the car dated early in it`s life would i believe it came with a red shaker.

I'd have to disagree depending on your definition of very few and early. Of course the number of red cudas with shakers would be small to start with.

Quote:

i seen pics of a factory go mango shaker on a go mango challenger.

This car was used for print ads/brochures and was tested by car magazines including Car and Driver which had a picture of it with a red Hemicuda as a center spread in their new car issue. There may be other print ads with body colored shaker Challengers but I can't remember. I would suspect that if the ads exist that the car didn't actually have a body color shaker.

Attached picture 8268478-10_69_c_and_d.jpg
Posted By: cudaized

Re: shaker color - 09/13/14 01:13 AM

Quote:

There may be other print ads with body colored shaker Challengers but I can't remember. I would suspect that if the ads exist that the car didn't actually have a body color shaker.

Attached picture 8268704-OrigadChallengerSHAKER.jpg
Posted By: mccannix

Re: shaker color - 09/13/14 03:06 PM

Notice those cars have red and orange scoop grills respectively, something never offered on production cars.
You could do lots to ad cars to promote hype.
A few hand painted orange scoops did leave Fram with Detroit 'suits' for promotional purposes.
But as stated the only documented colored scoops offered by Chrysler were red, argent and black.

Re: shaker color - 09/13/14 10:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

There may be other print ads with body colored shaker Challengers but I can't remember. I would suspect that if the ads exist that the car didn't actually have a body color shaker.

Ola, that's actually the Go Mango car. Poor print reproduction back in those days. :-)

Attached picture 8269327-4.jpg

Re: shaker color - 09/13/14 10:36 PM

Quote:

Notice those cars have red and orange scoop grills respectively, something never offered on production cars.
You could do lots to ad cars to promote hype.
A few hand painted orange scoops did leave Fram with Detroit 'suits' for promotional purposes.
But as stated the only documented colored scoops offered by Chrysler were red, argent and black.

Except for them both being Go Mango I agree Terry, but then who would know more about it than you. :-)
Posted By: beatgoeson

Re: shaker color - 09/13/14 11:20 PM

Man that really looks great though, I love the body colored bubbles.

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 01:29 AM

check out the hood pin location on the go mango challenger...prototype shaker hood?
all the best
frank.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 01:31 AM

That was probably a Pilot car, definitely pre-production and I've been in love with it since 1969.

Sheldon
Posted By: mccannix

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 02:08 AM

Quote:

check out the hood pin location on the go mango challenger...prototype shaker hood?
all the best
frank.

Plus, if you have the brochure check out the 8 G tach with the numbers going almost all the way around unlike any originals.
Lots of other unusual details as well.
Posted By: m46rat

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 02:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

all the best
frank.

Plus, if you have the brochure check out the 8 G tach with the numbers going almost all the way around unlike any originals.
Lots of other unusual details as well.

And the black door panels have no potmetal/woodgrain inserts in them. Definitely early.

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 05:17 AM

Quote:

And the black door panels have no potmetal/woodgrain inserts in them. Definitely early.

didn`t the deputy challengers have no woodgrain inserts?
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 05:23 AM

non-SE Challengers did NOT have woodgrain door inserts until somewhere around November '69
Posted By: m46rat

Re: shaker color - 09/14/14 11:12 PM

Quote:

non-SE Challengers did NOT have woodgrain door inserts until somewhere around November '69

Actually any car with a leather interior prior to January 1970 got the woodgrain inserts in the door panels. I thought that starting in January 1970 Chrysler started issuing all cars with inserts in the door panels. That only lasted about a month and a half, around the middle to late part of February is when the Deputy/A93 cars started being produced.

Re: shaker color - 09/27/14 12:10 AM

Quote:

That was probably a Pilot car, definitely pre-production ...

I found these.

Attached picture 8282105-1969Challengertestcara.jpg

Re: shaker color - 09/27/14 12:11 AM

second

Attached picture 8282106-1969Challengertestcarb.jpg

Re: shaker color - 09/27/14 12:12 AM

third

See anything interesting under the hood of this 440SIXPACK?

N88

Attached picture 8282107-1969Challengertestcarc.jpg
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: shaker color - 09/27/14 12:17 AM

Quote:

third

See anything interesting under the hood of this 440SIXPACK?

N88

I was eyeballing that cruise control

Attached picture 8282114-cruiselg.JPG
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: shaker color - 09/27/14 12:22 AM

Quote:

second

N95 car with the hose & breather MIA.
Posted By: hemicar1971

Re: shaker color - 09/27/14 01:52 AM

I guess those F70-14 sure made those 323 gears and auto make this car run fast at the drag strip, 13.6 @ 104. I wonder if they used that rare cruise control option on that 13.6 pass.
© 2024 Moparts Forums