Moparts

Dana 60 axle repair

Posted By: Mopucky

Dana 60 axle repair - 09/07/14 04:43 AM

I have a bent axle in my 1969 Dana 60. Is there anyone that can repair this condition? I know new ones are made, but it belongs in a car that I keep stock. Also the center is exposed so it must look stock. Thanks for any help or recommendations.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Dana 60 axle repair - 09/07/14 05:17 AM

Try contacting Cass at Dr Diff(406-883-4772), he has replaced tubes on them before
Posted By: convx4

Re: Dana 60 axle repair - 09/07/14 02:45 PM

A good well versed machine shop should be able to straighten the axle for minimal cost.

If the housing is bent (most are and people don't know it) it will need a fixture to ensure a proper alignment.

As a machinist by trade, mopars are my hobby. I have a side project in the works that involves straightening and shorting rear ends. I also plan on re-splining axles.
Lots of good info on the web on the subject. This picture is from somewhere on it.

Attached picture 8263448-834rearendjig.JPG
Posted By: Mopucky

Re: Dana 60 axle repair - 09/07/14 03:35 PM

Quote:

A good well versed machine shop should be able to straighten the axle for minimal cost.

If the housing is bent (most are and people don't know it) it will need a fixture to ensure a proper alignment.

As a machinist by trade, mopars are my hobby. I have a side project in the works that involves straightening and shorting rear ends. I also plan on re-splining axles.
Lots of good info on the web on the subject. This picture is from somewhere on it.

Very cool! Thanks for the help!
© 2024 Moparts Forums