Moparts

Any COE restoration shops?

Posted By: McCandlessboy

Any COE restoration shops? - 08/27/14 03:00 PM

I'm toying with the idea of having a flatbed COE truck built. I think I have found an amazing starting piece. We have enough projects going right now and might look to outsource something like this. Anyone know of a shop that has done these types of conversions before?
Posted By: Stanton

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 08/28/14 03:45 AM

Check the coe forum on the HAMB

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/02/14 04:24 AM

Looks like I own one now. Just have to figure out what to do with it now haha.

Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/02/14 02:08 PM

That looks like a cool project!
Posted By: DusterJeff

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/02/14 02:53 PM

Neat Truck..What,s in it for a drivetrain?? Can you show a few pics of the engine compartment and cab interior??? Curiosity is "Killing" me.....

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/02/14 04:09 PM

Link to auction: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Dodge-COE-F...=true&rt=nc
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/02/14 07:53 PM

I'd drop a Cummins w/ a 6 speed in that and have fun.

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/03/14 04:29 AM

A few years back I was talking to an old guy who had restored numerous old Fords - cars and trucks. During the conversation it came out that he was a Mopar fan at heart. When I asked why he had alsways done Fords he said "'cause all old Mopars are butt ugly". This one really proves his point !!!!

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/03/14 04:58 AM

This is what will be restored along side it....now you see why I bought it

Posted By: Commando1

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/03/14 03:29 PM

Quote:

This is what will be restored along side it....now you see why I bought it

I already have the visual of that.
You think long term,don't ya. lol
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/03/14 03:31 PM

Quote:

[/url]

That damn thing is right out of the movie "Cars".
Does it talk, too?

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/03/14 03:36 PM

These are typical examples where the restoration costs will exceed the final value. I just can't see either of these things being "desirable". But hey, whatever floats yer boat, right ?!?!?

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/04/14 03:30 PM

Quote:

These are typical examples where the restoration costs will exceed the final value. I just can't see either of these things being "desirable". But hey, whatever floats yer boat, right ?!?!?

I can take my 70 cuda, which has a 5.7 hemi conversion and tons of modern goodies to any mopar show in the country and be invisible. I love the car, it gets 25mpg and looks amazing, yet there are 50 of them at any mopar event. The rest of collection (around 15 cars), are all more oddball stuff.

The non desirable 53 dodge truck is actually a very rare right hand drive postal truck. Restored, it would be 1 of about 10 that are functional at this point in time with only 250 or so estimated to be made. I've never cared about the restoration cost vs selling cost of a car. I've never done a car with the hopes of selling it. That's why I have so many! I build these cars for me and how I want them done. I don't trailer anything, drive the fool out of these cars and it can piss some purists off sometimes.

I promise you this. If you go to a major mopar event you'll stop and look at this combo if it were done . Cars are about making people smile. If you can't smile or laugh looking at these two, then something's wrong with you!
Posted By: Chuck West

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/05/14 04:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I can take my 70 cuda, which has a 5.7 hemi conversion and tons of modern goodies to any mopar show in the country and be invisible. I love the car, it gets 25mpg and looks amazing, yet there are 50 of them at any mopar event. The rest of collection (around 15 cars), are all more oddball stuff.

The non desirable 53 dodge truck is actually a very rare right hand drive postal truck. Restored, it would be 1 of about 10 that are functional at this point in time with only 250 or so estimated to be made. I've never cared about the restoration cost vs selling cost of a car. I've never done a car with the hopes of selling it. That's why I have so many! I build these cars for me and how I want them done. I don't trailer anything, drive the fool out of these cars and it can piss some purists off sometimes.

I promise you this. If you go to a major mopar event you'll stop and look at this combo if it were done . Cars are about making people smile. If you can't smile or laugh looking at these two, then something's wrong with you!

Both are rare and badass. You certainly don't see them on the road anymore and when you do, i'd bet most here, would sit up and take notice! Then smile!
Some people didn't like when I changed from the original wheels and tires on my '70 Cuda, to Welds and Mickey T's either, but guess what! I didn't do it for them!

I say, do as you please with your vehicles. You're the most important person to satisfy!!

Chuck
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/05/14 05:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I agree, i love your new COE, it's unusual and seldom seen. That's why I bought my 37 Plymouth truck, ever now and then you will see a Dodge but rarely will you see a Plymouth
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/08/14 08:28 PM

That's why I bring my 68 D100 to Carlisle every year instead of my 71 Challenger - I like showing the less known vehicles. cool truck!

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/09/14 02:14 AM

It arrives Wednesday AM!
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/09/14 10:09 PM

Post more pics! That COE is kewl!
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/10/14 05:29 AM

While I was at the Mopar Week show in Myrtle Beach, I met a dude from Lincolnton, and he had an early 50's Dodge pickup he was doing a Cummins 4BT swap on. He has a nice fab shop/race car shop called Flying Hammer LLC. They do some nice work, and I think I'm going to get them to build me a gas tank for the 5.7 Hemi conversion I'm doing to my Duster. Normally, I would recommend Geoff McBryde for restorations, but your truck will be more up Flying Hammers alley. Give the dude a call, it can't hurt to talk to him and go look at their work. His name is Clark Olson, and his number is (704)860-4270. Good luck.

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/11/14 01:40 AM

Posted By: DusterJeff

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/11/14 04:23 PM

That,s such a Cool looking truck.........GO FOR IT!!!!!
Posted By: BarrsRestoration

Re: Any COE restoration shops? - 09/12/14 01:23 AM

Looks like it has the old military style tires on it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums