Moparts

71 challenger vert help with interior colors

Posted By: Jerry

71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 04:50 AM

my interior code is H6Y3 I need some new seat covers and new carpet, the only problem is someone along the way swapped a black interior into the car. the only thing that's left original was the dash. now I need to know what color carpet to order and what kind, as well as the "TAN" seat covers that year one offers are the same as the light gold that the car is coded for.

any help would be great. I guess in the whole grand scheme of things I could keep the black interior but the seats need to get recovered anyway, and black is just damn hot in a convertible.
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 04:55 AM

Original tan & gold swatches can be seen at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1971/71_Challenger0003.jpg

If Legendary does not list gold, you may have to call them to see if they have any NOS material stashed away.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 05:18 AM

Quote:

my interior code is H6Y3 I need some new seat covers and new carpet, the only problem is someone along the way swapped a black interior into the car. the only thing that's left original was the dash. now I need to know what color carpet to order and what kind, as well as the "TAN" seat covers that year one offers are the same as the light gold that the car is coded for.

any help would be great. I guess in the whole grand scheme of things I could keep the black interior but the seats need to get recovered anyway, and black is just damn hot in a convertible.

I'd go directly to Legendary Interiors in NY

A 71 Challenger H6Y3 interior calls for a gold interior, carpet will be medium/dark gold, and if equipped with a console that will be medium gold, I assume the seat covers you saw at Year One were the standard style 71 upholstery, as they are TAN in color, the deluxe style seat is Ember Gold, Legendary code/color # 666, Legendary can supply you samples at request, for Carpet, either Legendary's ACC carpet, or if you require ship-flat carpet, perhaps Dave Walden can assist you at ECS

Mike

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 05:33 AM

thanks looks like i'll be calling legendary in the morning.

any info on painting the door panels? I'd like to get it back to original if possible and if budget permits.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 06:05 AM

Quote:

thanks looks like i'll be calling legendary in the morning.

any info on painting the door panels? I'd like to get it back to original if possible and if budget permits.

Were the panels replaced with black ones, or the gold ones dyed black?

Mike

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 02:35 PM

as far as I can tell the panels were replaced with black ones. this was an Arizona car before I bought so I have no doubt that the Arizona heat baked the interior.
Posted By: m46rat

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 03:22 PM

Quote:

my interior code is H6Y3 I need some new seat covers and new carpet, the only problem is someone along the way swapped a black interior into the car. the only thing that's left original was the dash.

I have a 71 Challenger hardtop with the same color interior. The dash in it is BROWN, is yours also brown?

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 03:44 PM

yes my dash is brown. one of the reasons I'm questioning the interior color selection. so far the closest I've found is pics of the mod squad challenger vert. I believe the interior is the color mine is supposed to be. don't know how to pick the right color of carpet though.
Posted By: Dante

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 04:21 PM

You are definitly not going to use a gold carpet.
Med/Dark saddle is what I would recommend for this interior. It should be a close match to your dash.

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 04:42 PM

Quote:

yes my dash is brown. one of the reasons I'm questioning the interior color selection. so far the closest I've found is pics of the mod squad challenger vert. I believe the interior is the color mine is supposed to be. don't know how to pick the right color of carpet though.

I believe that the seat belts will also be brown, do you have them?

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 05:01 PM

I believe the seat belts I have are black. and the pics I've found online also had black seat belts.

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 05:34 PM

OK, thanks. That is interesting, my car had none of its belts in it when I got it.
Posted By: jeff968

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 05:46 PM

Quote:

I believe the seat belts I have are black. and the pics I've found online also had black seat belts.

the 70-71 parts book would answer these questions.

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/19/14 06:26 PM

does anyone have one of these? and I guess the real question I have is in terms of car value. the interior I have is decent but it needs seat covers. does a black interior detract from the value of the car compared to the light gold one it should have?

this is a 1 of 125 383 big block challenger with an auto. plus this has tons of options. ac, power windows, power top, power disc brakes.
Posted By: fireeng

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/20/14 02:22 AM

Quote:

My 71 challenger hardtop was originally gy9 with I believe H6Y3 interior ( I will check when I get home tomorrow ). If so I have pics of original interior on my home computer and I have for sale an excellent set of kick panels and rear panels (prop diff then vert panels) and a good set of a pillar trim (diff from vert too??). I had ember gold carpet and black seat belts. I will tell you that my interior had 3 different shades. The metal part of the dash was dark gold the dash pad was light gold and the plastic and seat cover appeared tan. I will confirm my interior code and post pics tomorrow.

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/20/14 04:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

the 70-71 parts book would answer these questions.

Please elaborate on how the parts book would answer this seat belt question.

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/21/14 06:10 PM

My car did come with H6Y3 interior. Here are some pics of the original interior

Attached picture 8183180-interiords.jpg

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/21/14 06:10 PM

Attached picture 8183182-passinteriorgold.jpg

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/21/14 06:11 PM

hope these help

Attached picture 8183184-rearinterior.jpg

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/21/14 06:14 PM

I have seat backs in excellent shape too..

A decoding book I once saw described H6Y3 as seat-gold, door panel-gold, arm rest-gold, carpet- med dark gold, headliner-light gold and instrument panel-med gold.

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/21/14 06:36 PM

i found a couple more, headliner

Attached picture 8183207-Picture020(1024x768).jpg

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/21/14 06:37 PM

door panel

Attached picture 8183210-Picture028(1024x768).jpg

Re: 71 challenger vert help with interior colors - 06/23/14 04:33 AM

well legendary does sell the correct seat covers. they have to custom make them so 2-3 week lead time. but the material is called ember gold in their book.

as soon as I have some extra funds I'm going to order them up. then I guess i'll have to dye the interior panels to the correct light gold color as well.
© 2024 Moparts Forums