Moparts

who stocks wire harness's besides year one?

Posted By: ogopogo

who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 05:05 PM

Just wondering who actually stocks wire harness's ,I need a forward lamp harness for a 70 challenger,checked megaparts and Roseville already.
Posted By: cdp

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 05:51 PM

http://www.wiringharness.com
Posted By: Baller

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 05:58 PM

Quote:

Those seem to be the best harness, but you can only buy them through year one.
Posted By: mothermopar

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 07:01 PM

http://www.evanswiring.com/

Purchased one here for my 69 Coronet R/T few years back, top notch stuff and the price was reasonable.
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 08:11 PM

I bought an Evans wiring harness for the 70 Charger last year. Nicely done. I DID unwrap it to replace the Black 12 g alternator wire with a 10g just because I like the idea of having a bit more of a safety margain in the charging system.
Posted By: 1972CudaV21

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 08:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Those seem to be the best harness, but you can only buy them through year one.

I'd stick with Year One on this one. BTW, over the last month or so, YO has had 25-30% off coupon codes. I keep getting them via email every couple days..

Or, send your harness to JS Restorations....look under Mopar Extras for more information on JS and YO.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 10:26 PM

Quote:

I'd stick with Year One on this one. BTW, over the last month or so, YO has had 25-30% off coupon codes. I keep getting them via email every couple days..

Or, send your harness to JS Restorations....look under Mopar Extras for more information on JS and YO.

I have noticed that Year One has very rarely offered discounts on wiring (be sure to read what items are exempt when you get discount coupons) likely because they have an exclusive on M&H Harnesses and they don't "need" to discount them.

If you have a decent original harness I'd send it to JS Restorations, he does superb work!
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 10:41 PM

I have a Evens engine bay harness, very bad quality control. Some of the wires were in the wrong place, and some weren't even crimped. I had to pay the shipping back to get it fixed. And on cars with a oil pressure gauge there is a special resistance wire that goes to the sending unit, that is shown in the book, he didn't know what I was talking about when I asked about it.
Posted By: sparcy

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 10:48 PM

m&h builds the harness for year one !! on the original wire jigs from the 60,S year one owns the jigs and the rights!! all the connectors r exact copies of oem ones !! top quality ! I have only had problems with the ones with updated electronic ignition option !! there support after the sale from (year one) of course is the best in the bizz !! EXCELLENT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 10:49 PM

Huh?

Sheldon
Posted By: Tropicalcats

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 11:07 PM

I got all my harnesses from YO they supply the M&H harness which is probably the best. The only harness I did not get from them is my dash harness which Jim from JS restorations is doing. That's to keep it accurate since the M&H dash harness is not spot on for the 70
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/26/14 11:20 PM

Quote:

I got all my harnesses from YO they supply the M&H harness which is probably the best. The only harness I did not get from them is my dash harness which Jim from JS restorations is doing. That's to keep it accurate since the M&H dash harness is not spot on for the 70

Me too! I also agree that M&H is HANDS DOWN the only company to order a harness from.

That said, perfect they are not! Don't drink the "every part is exact", factory correct, etc. Kool-Aid because it isn't in most cases. Wire color (shades) vary a ton, some connectors are unique and unavailable so substitutes are used, and lengths of wires can vary as compared to production line originals regardless of which wire looms they use.

Posted By: AAR#2

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/27/14 02:11 AM

Once purchased through year one and received, I compared the two harnesses, made a power point noting the differences and sent it to M&H. They were first rate dealing with discrepancies, offered to make a new harness to match mine if I sent both harnesses to them, and I did. Any connector they didn't have they used the one from my original. Great experiance and the harness is beautiful !

Good deal if you have a few weeks to wait

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/27/14 05:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have noticed that Year One has very rarely offered discounts on wiring (be sure to read what items are exempt when you get discount coupons) likely because they have an exclusive on M&H Harnesses and they don't "need" to discount them.

If you have a decent original harness I'd send it to JS Restorations, he does superb work!

I went to Year One. My current "ROAD14" gives you 25% off the harnesses. Get them while you can. The code is good through tomorrow. Though I'm sure I'll get another one this week..

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/27/14 05:49 PM

Quote:

Once purchased through year one and received, I compared the two harnesses, made a power point noting the differences and sent it to M&H. They were first rate dealing with discrepancies, offered to make a new harness to match mine if I sent both harnesses to them, and I did. Any connector they didn't have they used the one from my original. Great experiance and the harness is beautiful !

Good deal if you have a few weeks to wait

PowerPoint? You don't mess around...lol. You really had a great experience with them! Did you have to go through YO or did you contact them directly?
Posted By: AAR#2

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/28/14 05:25 AM

I used a 25% off coupon and went through Year One, M&H cannot sell direct, but once you make the purchase you can deal directly with M&H.

My M&H experience was a good one.
Posted By: BB14404SPD

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/28/14 09:32 PM

I just called M&H and was surprised they are very close to me. I wanted a ignition coil but they don't sell those any more. I asked if I could buy a harness for my charger said I have to go through year one. I do not care much for year one. If I had a GM no problem. Sucks.
Posted By: wesgtx440

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/28/14 10:50 PM

So do and other suppliers get their harnesses from Year One? for example when you look at classic industries wiring harness pictures you can see the M&H label on them in some of their pictures.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/28/14 11:41 PM

Quote:

So do and other suppliers get their harnesses from Year One?

Yes.

Year one has a wholesale vendor pricing program
Posted By: RJS

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/29/14 12:08 AM

It was great when I had my GS was able to buy direct from M+H, customer service was excellent.
Ron
Posted By: floridian

Re: who stocks wire harness's besides year one? - 04/29/14 04:43 PM

I purchased all 3 of the harnesses for the car in the pic from YO. Had a discount of some sort ( too long ago to remember, but I think it was for over a $1000 purchase) which YO honored.. I had two "sub" harnesses that YO did not offer, sent them to M&H, and they made them for me... No complaints here

Attached picture 8127952-5554552-vertbaseball2.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums