Moparts

Restoration Vendors

Posted By: Wiley Roadrunner

Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 01:39 AM

I am a new member to the forum, and would appreciate any suggestions and input.
I have a 68 Roadrunner that I would like to bring back closer to stock then it is now. Most of what I want to do is under the hood. Things like date coded spark plug wires, correct hoses, correct clamps and brackets, etc.
I would appreciate any advice on vendors that are good to work with, as well as vendors to stay away from.
Thanks!
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 02:24 AM

Google is you friend..
Posted By: Hem1orange

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 02:46 AM

I have been using http://www.classicindustries.com
For parts on my Charger. I also used them to restore a 69 Chevy. Lots of parts and great service. Ron

Attached picture 8032225-MVC-006F.JPG
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 06:55 AM

Quote:

I have been using http://www.classicindustries.com
For parts on my Charger. I also used them to restore a 69 Chevy. Lots of parts and great service. Ron

Yup..
Download their catalog, its jumbo about 700 pages. Also get on their email list as they send out frequently significant % discount codes..

Just my $0.05...
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 04:00 PM

This forum has a sponsor's section, as well as rotating banner ads. I'm pretty sure the bad one's get weeded out fast. So, as a one of the sponsor's I'd recommend you look there first.
Posted By: VCODE

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 04:05 PM

I agree, use the Moparts sponsors.
Bob
Posted By: 469runner

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 07:28 PM

Stay away from Jims in NH.
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 09:16 PM

get on Year Ones mailing list as well as Classic Industries list and youll get 20% discounts often and 30% discounts about every 2-3 months.

get in touch with Bill at A&M Hightech, he's getting out of the selling business but may still have some stuff.
As mentioned Randy at Dixie is a safe bet too!

use the search function on this site to try and get some feedback on vendors.

Good Luck and WELCOME!

Before I forget we need to see pictures of the Road Runner!
Posted By: ryangtogtx

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/09/14 10:31 PM

I have used Mega Parts for my last two cars and couldn't be happier with their customer service, knowledge and volume of parts. Jamie is the best.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/10/14 04:49 AM

Roy and Jamie are the best out there, and pretty much local to you! Megaparts all the way!
Posted By: RJS

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/10/14 04:56 AM

Quote:

get on Year Ones mailing list as well as Classic Industries list and youll get 20% discounts often and 30% discounts about every 2-3 months.

get in touch with Bill at A&M Hightech, he's getting out of the selling business but may still have some stuff.
As mentioned Randy at Dixie is a safe bet too!

use the search function on this site to try and get some feedback on vendors.

Good Luck and WELCOME!

Before I forget we need to see pictures of the Road Runner!

Using Year One and Classic you'll need the discounts because they are ridiculous in price. Anything they sell you can get elsewhere for less.
Use our Vendors, Dante's, Dixie, Mega Parts, etc...
Posted By: pattyboy 572

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/10/14 06:24 AM

mega parts (Jamie), rt specialties (tom), mancini....all great to deal with...

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/10/14 07:24 PM

On board with mega too!

Too many guys trash Year One until they need what only they sell, Some of the Classic Industries parts are vendor specific too, or at least get generated there.

Ive bought stuff from a very high profile specialty vendor and it was the EXACT same parts I got from mega and wanted to try and do better.

I think if I said the sky was Blue RJS would like to argue that too!
Posted By: filmsurgeon

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/10/14 08:28 PM

Here's a link to a site that has a massive list of vendors. It may not be complete, but it is comprehensive. Also, there's this thread from Cuda-Challenger.

http://www.simplexco.com/auto/sourcelist/sources.htm

http://www.cuda-challenger.com/cc/index.php?topic=17112.0
Posted By: RJS

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/10/14 09:46 PM

Quote:

On board with mega too!

Too many guys trash Year One until they need what only they sell, Some of the Classic Industries parts are vendor specific too, or at least get generated there.

Ive bought stuff from a very high profile specialty vendor and it was the EXACT same parts I got from mega and wanted to try and do better.

I think if I said the sky was Blue RJS would like to argue that too!

A little thin skinned are we??
My comment about Year One is fact and not directed at you as a person.
I don't recall ever having any negative experience with you but you seem to have one of me. In fact I have always had a level of respect for you due to your Coronet but Live and Learn.
Year One and Classic are resellers plain and simple,they don't have any little Elves in the backroom building parts and you can buy 99% of what they sell direct for less. I used to use Year One on a monthly basis when I was a little Green to their mark-up and shipping. The small amount of stuff you have to buy from them like an M+H harness still makes my backside hurt.
I'm getting real close to not helping anyone on this board and just be a lurker!
Ron Sannino
Posted By: 1969 HEMI R-T

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/11/14 02:56 AM

Mega parts for me. great service, and Roy and Jammie are great to deal with!!
Posted By: 7812845

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/11/14 03:13 AM

I've had real good dealings with Herb's parts. He is a sponsor here and is real good about refunding your money if shipping charges are initially overcharged.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/11/14 03:19 AM

shop around thru the vendors on this site.

dante's,mega,dixie,ect

year one and classic should be places of last resort,
their prices and shipping are usually higher then the rest..

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/11/14 04:30 AM

It seems like Im one of the few if not the only member to mention Y.O. but Im pretty sure a lot more people use Year One than like to admit...someone is keeping the doors open....

I wasn't trying to stick a knife in you Ron, But things type without sarcasm a lot less than the spoken word. I thought the smiley would denote that. I guess I should've just left it out, like you said "Live and Learn"!

To the OP, theres lots of options and you'll figure out who youll have good relationships with and who burns you. You took a good step towards not getting burned by looking for support here.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/11/14 04:39 PM

One product line Year One doesn't carry, Detroit Muscle Technologies gaskets; exterior gasket sets, interior/firewall gasket sets, heater box restoration kits, console and dash vinyl overlays, firewall/kickpanel insulation, shoddy pad. etc.
Posted By: Dixie

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/11/14 04:41 PM

Quote:

One product line Year One doesn't carry, Detroit Muscle Technologies gaskets; exterior gasket sets, interior/firewall gasket sets, heater box restoration kits, console and dash vinyl overlays, firewall/kickpanel insulation, shoddy pad. etc.

Trust me, you're better off based on my experience.
Posted By: kentj340

Re: Restoration Vendors - 02/12/14 04:29 AM

Here's two stories about responsive vendors wanting to do the right thing.

I bought a repro washer bottle from MegaParts and complained it wasn't like my original. Not only did they make good on it, they sent me a perfect NOS bottle. I was very happy.

The left and right 1969 Barracuda parking lights are exactly the same, so Mopar should have simply made one housing and one lens for both. Instead, two unique sets of parts were made that were virtually the same. BE&A, recognizing that they were identical except for the part numbers, made one repro lens for both. When I bought a pair of BE&A lenses for my original housings, I found that only one fit, because the two virtually identical housings were different by just a few thousandths of an inch. I complained to BE&A, and they made the other lens too. I was very happy.
© 2024 Moparts Forums