Moparts

E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets?

Posted By: filmsurgeon

E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/20/14 09:40 PM

Did all E-bodies have these inboard brackets/braces on the underside of the floor pans (see red circled areas in photos)? My '70 Challenger Convertible does not have them, but the outboard brackets/braces ARE there, and I believe the floor pans are original, but not 100% certain. If all E-bodies had them, does anyone know if these are being reproduced? Were the welded in? Thanks

Posted By: larry4406

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 02:01 AM

My 71 barracuda vert has the seat brackets. My car had bucket seats from the factory. There is a similar thread from the same OP on cuda-challenger and a reply there says no brackets on bench seat cars.

Attached picture 8005545-71barracudavertseatbrackets.JPG
Posted By: jt4406

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 02:05 AM

You smarter guys correct me if I am wrong, but I bet a car that was originallyn equipped with a bench seat would not have had them..... and yes, welded in.

jess
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 02:22 AM

Quote:

You smarter guys correct me if I am wrong, but I bet a car that was originallyn equipped with a bench seat would not have had them..... and yes, welded in.

jess

Correct Jess, the benchseat E bodies would not have the inner seat bolt re-enforcement plates, only bucket seat cars

Mike
Posted By: JRepucci

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 02:35 AM

No bench seat convertibles. Not an option.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 02:39 AM

Quote:

No bench seat convertibles. Not an option.

I'd beg to differ with you, as I changed out a 71 Challenger benchseat/column shift convertible to buckets back in the 80's
Posted By: JRepucci

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 02:55 AM

1970 Plymouth Car and Equipment prices "Barracuda"

Attached picture 8005636-DSC00603.JPG
Posted By: Mr D21

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 03:18 AM

Hey Jason - did Dodge offer bench seat for convt ?
Posted By: barracuda7199

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 03:45 AM

my 71 barracuda factory bench seat car has all 8 brackets. im getting ready to replace the floor pan now and have to reuse the factory ones.

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 07:40 PM

Thanks for the responses guys. Just spoke with AMD this morning. They do not have a part # for these pieces (plates), as they receive the floor pans with braces attached. However, the guy I spoke to took my name and number and said he'd look into it and get back to me. Keeping my fingers crossed, but pretty sure they won't be able to help me out.
Posted By: crocha617

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 07:50 PM

Those pieces are not attached to the floor pans from AMD. They come loose in the box. At the last couple I bought did.

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 09:17 PM

Quote:

Those pieces are not attached to the floor pans from AMD. They come loose in the box. At the last couple I bought did.

Interesting. The guy at AMD certainly didn't seem to be aware of that, unless he just didn't want to disclose it. So, I presume then that it is up to the purchaser to attach them to the floor pan. Do they get spot welded in? I assume they could also be attached via sheet metal screws, or nuts/bolts, but that would require drilling into the plates and the floor pan.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/21/14 10:13 PM

they were wire welded to the floor,
just like some of the 4 speed humps were done.

somebody out there makes them if they came in a box,
it just takes some good searching around to find the source.

i would ask jeff at 521 restorations
he deals with all of the major mopar metal vendors
amd,goodmark,dynacorn.. ect
i'd bet he would know if they are out there..
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/22/14 01:46 AM

I've seen them on e bay from time to time. And reproductions to.
Posted By: barracuda7199

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/22/14 02:24 AM

My AMD floor pan doesn't have them attached to it or the seat belt braces. I got the pan second hand so I can't say what was in the box.
Posted By: mopargem

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/22/14 06:50 AM

If you dont have access to or dont want to weld them, I dont see why you couldnt just sandwich them between the floor pan and the captive washer nut that goes on the seat stud. Once tightened they arnt going anywhere. They are basically a jumbo washer.

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/22/14 08:03 PM

Quote:

If you dont have access to or dont want to weld them, I dont see why you couldnt just sandwich them between the floor pan and the captive washer nut that goes on the seat stud. Once tightened they arnt going anywhere. They are basically a jumbo washer.

Thanks. I considered just holding them in place with the large captive washer nut, but would probably end up securing each of the 4 corners with short bolts with nuts, or sheet metal screws. I just need to get a set so I can decide how to proceed.
Posted By: jt4406

Re: E-body Floor Pan Seat Mounting Reinforcement Brackets? - 01/31/14 10:17 PM

Would these work?
Jess

Attached picture 8020118-seatreinforcements.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums