Moparts

Heater core?

Posted By: Fishmarket

Heater core? - 09/24/13 09:09 PM

What is the best repop heater core for a 1972 Plymouth cuda?
This is a non ac car.
Thanks
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: Heater core? - 09/25/13 01:01 AM

I bought a Mopar heater core from Richard Ehrenberg off of his ebay store. I have an A-body but I'm certain that he had E-body heater cores. I think that I paid $65-69 for the core and it fit perfectly. I believe his ebay store is closed right now while he is on vacation.
Posted By: Morty426

Re: Heater core? - 09/25/13 03:17 AM

You can get them off Rockauto
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Heater core? - 09/25/13 03:54 AM

See if Glen Ray can fix it.
Posted By: AAR#2

Re: Heater core? - 09/25/13 03:58 AM

Be cautious, photos supplied on web sites don't necessarily resemble the core delivered. I had this issue with several large auto parts stores. Heck, the NAPA guy couldn't understand what the issue was, the one that arrived would fit, so what if the materials were wrong, is being like the original that big a deal?. . . YES, for me it was. Ended up getting mine from O'rielly and it matched my original much better.

I hate it when the photo's don't match the part supplied . . . .
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Heater core? - 09/25/13 04:34 AM

Quote:

You can get them off Rockauto

Shows 3 choices, all under $50.
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: Heater core? - 09/26/13 02:46 AM

Quote:

See if Glen Ray can fix it.

x2
Posted By: macmic87

Re: Heater core? - 09/26/13 12:49 PM

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/...?zoneAssigned=1

or try O'Reilly auto
Posted By: Fishmarket

Re: Heater core? - 09/26/13 01:15 PM

Can anyone recommend a specific brand, maybe a part # that is know to fit decent? I realize that having the original recored would be the best course of action but I think a repop would be a lot more cost effective.
Thanks
Posted By: AAR#2

Re: Heater core? - 09/26/13 01:29 PM

Manufacturer may change without notice but ordering through your local auto store allows you to see what the product looks like and its quality. I ended up going O'Reilly after several failed attempts. Murray, Part # 399109

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail...9&ppt=C0331
Posted By: Kilrbee

Re: Heater core? - 09/26/13 01:37 PM

Glen Ray can fix yours and then you know for sure it will fit!
Posted By: dirkpitt007

Re: Heater core? - 09/27/13 12:56 AM

I ordered a repop non-AC heater core from a large aftermarket parts supplier that was of extremely poor quality (made by Spectra). The received product did not match my original, it did not match the image in the catalog and most importantly, it did not fit in any way (slightly oversized in multiple dimensions).

I subsequently went to O'Reilly's and purchased a Murray heater core for less money and it was a perfect match. I second the advice to purchase from O'Reilly (I got a lifetime warranty as well).
© 2024 Moparts Forums