Moparts

wiper blade refill source

Posted By: hemi68charger

wiper blade refill source - 09/08/13 06:16 PM

Hello All,
Where is a reliable source for wiper blade refills in both 15" and 16"...

Cheers,
Posted By: kentj340

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/09/13 05:01 AM

Original wiper assemblies and blades were Anco. Keep your old stainless Anco blade holder and simply install new rubber made by Trico or whoever.

Attached picture 7844903-08-82Wiperarms.1backsides.jpg

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/09/13 11:14 AM

Quote:

Original wiper assemblies and blades were Anco. Keep your old stainless Anco blade holder and simply install new rubber made by Trico or whoever.

Yes,,,, that's the problem. I'm not having any success finding the refills, don't want the blade holder... Looking for a source for the rubber refills......

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/09/13 05:10 PM

I have googled 16" and have gotten some ANCO and Trico hits, but there are a wide selection of possibilities... Anyone recently purchased any refills and have the part number?

Thanks..
Posted By: Cooda

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/09/13 05:22 PM

These should fit the factory 16" blades.

Anco Wiper Blade Insert - Front

Your Price: $5.10
Quantity:
Qty Available: 20
(20) In Stock Part Number: 14530-07065889

See this URL http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1970/dodge/challenger/body_electrical/wiper_blade.html
Posted By: idrivevintage

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/10/13 12:33 AM

I get them from Rock Auto...

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=532565

Don't forget to use the discount code...

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/10/13 12:00 PM

Thanks guys. Friend bought a pair of replacement wipers from YearOne, so I just took the actual wipers out and inserted those into his original blade holders. Thank you for your input.

Cheers
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/10/13 03:14 PM

After looking for the same thing, what I found out is you can get refills that will work,BUT there not correct. The little red button used to release the refills won't work on whats readily available. They look ok and function ok, but just won't release like they are supposed to. But if you have several hundred dollars, NOS ones are out there on ebay.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/10/13 08:32 PM

If your looking for nos, I have some 15" Trico refills.
Posted By: kentj340

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/11/13 06:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Yes,,,, that's the problem. I'm not having any success finding the refills, don't want the blade holder... Looking for a source for the rubber refills......

To be more specific, what I meant was to remove the rubber from the stainless flat piece (arrow), and install new rubber. This is a bit tedious, but what is available at car parts stores now is often mounted in plastic or other. All you need to worry with is the right profile of the rubber...

Attached picture 7847719-P1010674.jpg

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/11/13 05:25 PM

Quote:

If your looking for nos, I have some 15" Trico refills.

Thanks for the offer..... I appreciate it..... But, we found what we were looking for......

Quote:

To be more specific, what I meant was to remove the rubber from the stainless flat piece (arrow), and install new rubber. This is a bit tedious, but what is available at car parts stores now is often mounted in plastic or other. All you need to worry with is the right profile of the rubber...

The blades Hoss bought at the same metal frame/retainer as that pictured in your reply, so I just swapped out his old ones for the new ones, perfect.....
Posted By: dart440

Re: wiper blade refill source - 09/12/13 10:32 PM

If you are looking for refills (not complete blades) at stores like Autozone and O'Reilly, you won't find them on the shelves. You have to ask the counter person for the "refills", as they hide them in the back (so they can sell you replacement blades for 6X the cost).

Sucks as the blades don't fit under most hoods on models with hideaway wipers.

You can take them apart as you like and swap the parts around.
© 2024 Moparts Forums