Moparts

E-body Armrest Bracket

Posted By: Knappy

E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 02:19 AM

Does anyone have a picture of the backside of a 1970 E-body door panel showing how
the armrest cup and support bracket attach to the door panel? Any tips on putting them together. Been working on it all day, don't think my repop panel is very good.

Steve
Posted By: fastmark

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 02:45 AM

I just did this but I looked on my phone and I did not take pictures.I guess that is the advantage of having lots of spare e-body parts to go back and look at.You say you are having problems with the fit of your door panels? If you have the Palco's or accuform, then they fit like socks on rooster. I bought the new ones from Metro and they fit great. I got the B,E,& A pads and they fit fine in the opening. I can get you a picture tomorrow from a spare panel at the shop.I can't really describe how it should look without a picture in front of me, I have slept since then. The new pads have a metal core and the holes may not line up right. I had to drill a starter hole in mine to get it threaded.

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 03:11 AM

I am having a hard time installing the armrest cup and trying to figure how the support bracket attaches. The panels install ok but the armrest cup, handle and brace do not want to line up. I think the padded inside handle is the problem. A picture would be great.

Steve
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 03:24 PM

its been a while but it should all fall into place..the armrest, cup and that bracket can pretty much go only one way..you might have to flip it upside down or so but most likely it lines up...is it all new stuff? repro things are not always drilled right.. i have the repro inside door handles and door locks and they do not fit out of the box..i was better off with the old stuff
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 04:33 PM

I just put Metro door panels on last spring. The bracket only holds the armrest on. The cups float until the big Philips head screws mount the bracket and the cups to the door itself. I had no fitment issues with the door panels except they needed a little convincing to get them over the door edges.

Craig
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 04:39 PM

If you don't get a picture before I get home, I should be able. I'm in the final stages of the resto. on my friend's '71 Challenger and have the door panels off right now....... So, I can take a picture of the back side...

T
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 06:47 PM

Not sure if this what your looking for but this is the setup on my 1971 R/T Challenger, all original parts.

Attached picture 7803325-doorbrkt.JPG
Posted By: Suregrip391

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/05/13 09:37 PM

I have alot of these type of pictures, I just tried posting them but they are too large to post from my mobile. If you PM me your email, I can help you out.

Edit: I found your email in your profile and sent them.

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/06/13 03:19 AM

This is my 70 cuda pass side brace,cup and armrest out of the panel.The new one will not line up like this until you drill the holes in the armrest where the smaller screws go. Drill them and then slip in the armrest in the new panel. Install like shown in the photo and you are go to go.

Attached picture 7803947-photo.JPG

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/06/13 04:40 AM

These pictures are great. Looks like only one screw holds the support bracket to the handle. My door handle is too small to fit around the cup. I am going to get new ones from Legendary and see haw that works

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/06/13 02:43 PM

Well, there is one on each end plus the 2 screws with a flat washer that hold the pad to the door panel. That a total of four. The two big holes are the one where the big long screw goes to the j nut in the door itself.

Re: E-body Armrest Bracket - 08/07/13 03:52 PM

OK, Who sell white armrest pads for 71 Challengers?
© 2024 Moparts Forums