Moparts

super bee proportion valves!!!

Posted By: 8trackbee

super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/23/13 04:32 PM

I've heard new repo's are not the best.... but we need one here in australia so, where is the best place to get one and know that it works correct, USA built if possible. 69 bee a12 power drums....thanks mike.......
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/23/13 10:29 PM

If its a drum car it doesn't really get a portioning valve. Drum cars got a basic distribution block. That should be easy to find a used one.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/24/13 02:06 PM

Quote:

If its a drum car it doesn't really get a portioning valve. Drum cars got a basic distribution block. That should be easy to find a used one.

Actually, I believe what you need used is in the parts for sale section now... Just scroll down.. I have bought from Bob before, he is a straight up guy..

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0&fpart=9

Re: super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/24/13 02:59 PM

looks like second hand is the go, we have one on and seems to be ok. thanks guys
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/24/13 06:49 PM

Are you having a problem with the brakes ? As noted above drum brakes only use a distribution block.

Ebooger sells smaller rear wheel cylinders which helps proportion the brakes.

Re: super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/25/13 03:49 PM

bled up the whole system, new booster, master(bench bled), new wheel cylinders. It had a good firm pedal, after a few pumps with car running brake light comes on pedal sinks to floor. So we swap a second hand dist block in to it and also notice right hand bleeder is sitting very close to stub axle and may be weeping brake fluid, we think this is the problem. New wheel cylinders have such small bleeders that tightening them can be a problem..... left hand side bleeder you can get a socket on to it.So we tighten it up best as possible and re-bleed brake system, so far so good, although brake pedal dose seem close to the floor when car is running and no more brake light on....
Posted By: CompSyn

Re: super bee proportion valves!!! - 06/25/13 05:50 PM

You might try rebuilding your factory unit before buying a new/used one:

1967 - 1975 Mopar Brake Tube Tee Rebuild Kit
© 2024 Moparts Forums