Moparts

70 GTX GRILL REVIEW????

Posted By: RJS

70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/07/13 07:03 PM

Has anyone used one of the reproduction GTX grills??

How is fit?
How is the paint?
Does the chrome look bright or have that brownish tint to it like alot of aftermarket stainless trim now a days?
Thanks Ron

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/07/13 11:21 PM

No one has used these repo. grills????
Posted By: 70 Roadrunner*

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 02:48 AM

Ron I'm curious about this re-pop grill...who makes it?I've always liked the 70 GTX grill over the RR grill...

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:27 AM

I don't know who the manufacturer is but it's sold all over the place Ebay included.
They have a 70 Road Runner grill also.
At $500 I'd like to know if it's a bolt-in and walk away or do I have to repaint it etc...
Posted By: Baller

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:02 AM

I was waiting to see as well. Mine is a little banged up.
Posted By: gdonovan

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 01:07 PM

Quote:

No one has used these repo. grills????

I have one looks very nice.

I'll try to take some pictures later today.

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 01:26 PM

Quote:

I don't know who the manufacturer is but it's sold all over the place Ebay included.
They have a 70 Road Runner grill also.
At $500 I'd like to know if it's a bolt-in and walk away or do I have to repaint it etc...

I'm told the silver color is off slightly, looks fine to me for my purposes. I have one or two unmolested (old) pieces, I'll try to get them out to compare.

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:12 PM

Picture one- Other piece is from my GTX which in all fairness set outside in the sun for a few decades.

Attached picture 7735119-DSCN7062G.jpg

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:15 PM

Picture two

Attached picture 7735123-DSCN7064G.jpg

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:18 PM

Picture three

Attached picture 7735126-DSCN7066G.jpg

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:19 PM

Picture four

Attached picture 7735128-DSCN7067G.jpg

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:24 PM

Last picture- I picked up this grill set from Ebay sometime last year on sale for $399 with the hardware package ($40 value).

For the price it can't be beat in my opinion even if it needs minor touch up here and there. Better than dealing with old busted up stuff selling for the same price.

If you need more shots let me know, glad to help out.

Attached picture 7735131-DSCN7068G.jpg

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:41 PM

Quote:

Last picture- I picked up this grill set from Ebay sometime last year on sale for $399 with the hardware package ($40 value).

For the price it can't be beat in my opinion even if it needs minor touch up here and there. Better than dealing with old busted up stuff selling for the same price.

If you need more shots let me know, glad to help out.

WOW that was most helpful, I looks like the Argent is where it should be and Black where it should be!
As far as the silver yeah it could be a little light but the old stuff could also be dark.

Do you feel the Argent (silver) or is it smooth?

With a sale like that I'm in and maybe a Argent touch up depending on what you see with yours.

Did you just stumble on the sale or know a source that does it regularly?

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 03:54 PM

Quote:

WOW that was most helpful, I looks like the Argent is where it should be and Black where it should be!
As far as the silver yeah it could be a little light but the old stuff could also be dark.

Do you feel the Argent (silver) or is it smooth?

With a sale like that I'm in and maybe a Argent touch up depending on what you see with yours.

Did you just stumble on the sale or know a source that does it regularly?

1) There is the bottom section that should be black (see picture one) that is painted argent but you won't see it once installed in the car.

2) Paint is not smooth but rough finish just like the factory.

3) Just got lucky, been watching Ebay for some time as the prices dropped from the introduced $999 price to $799 to $599 and then one weekend dropped to $399 and I pulled the trigger. Was two vendors who were selling at the time, someone on the board mentioned they snagged the RR version for the same $399 price at the same time.
Posted By: 70RR383

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:02 PM

I picked one up for 399 also.For the RR the colors are not even close.It will have to be prepped and reshot. But for 399 I will hold on to it for emergency or If I ever restore my car.I have 3 other originals to.I am a grill [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] I guess.

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:15 PM

Quote:

I picked one up for 399 also.For the RR the colors are not even close.It will have to be prepped and reshot. But for 399 I will hold on to it for emergency or If I ever restore my car.I have 3 other originals to.I am a grill [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] I guess.

For the $399 price I would do it and plan on a re shoot.
Thanks for the help guys, exactly what I needed to know.
Ron

Attached picture 7735173-IMG_2713(Large).JPG
Posted By: 1MYTGTX

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:25 PM

What is wrong with yours Ron? Looks/looked good to me???

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:27 PM

Quote:

Ron

Around $520 is the current low price but I have been seeing 20% off sales the last few weeks, never hurts to keep an eye on them.

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:28 PM

It looks OK for sure but has a couple of post problems on the bezels and for whatever reason the center part of the grill has both ends broke off on top piece.

The top piece is only seen when hood is open but I tend to open it alot!!!!!

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 04:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

Around $520 is the current low price but I have been seeing 20% off sales the last few weeks, never hurts to keep an eye on them.

Yep $520 free shipping is out there now and $499 plus shipping is the best I've seen.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/08/13 10:36 PM

Quote:

Can you see it with your backside parked in the lawnchair ?

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/09/13 03:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Can you see it with your backside parked in the lawnchair ?

John!!! stop talking about my backside
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/09/13 03:40 PM

I've heard from owners there were paint quality issues . But I've not heard of anyone who has actually put one in a car yet.

So I am curiuos , as I have a possibile job where I may need one this winter.

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/09/13 04:34 PM

Quote:

I've heard from owners there were paint quality issues . But I've not heard of anyone who has actually put one in a car yet.

If you like I can install mine on the car next week and take a few shots.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/09/13 04:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If you like I can install mine on the car next week and take a few shots.

That would be most appreciated. I for one would like some 1st hand fit quality feedback
Posted By: GTX70sixpack

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/10/13 04:52 AM

I bought one to put in my car whole I repainted the original, looks super, haven't installed it yet. Will do so this week and post fit.
Posted By: GTX70sixpack

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/12/13 12:40 AM

OK, as promised I installed mine tonight. Start to finish, getting tools, tools put away and all, 25 minutes. It bolted right into place. I used most of my original hardware although I did buy the $25 install kit (it was dead on). 2 minor issues, the stainless on the headlight bezels extends too far over the beveled area on the stainless on the center section where it overlaps. No big deal, remove 1/16" off the 4 ends on your bezels and your good (the beveled area isn't as deep on the center, but just take it off the bezels) Second, the color of the argent was off a little between the bezels and the center section under the fluorescence lights but fine in the sun.

Re: 70 GTX GRILL REVIEW???? - 06/12/13 03:11 AM

Quote:

OK, as promised I installed mine tonight. Start to finish, getting tools, tools put away and all, 25 minutes. It bolted right into place. I used most of my original hardware although I did buy the $25 install kit (it was dead on). 2 minor issues, the stainless on the headlight bezels extends too far over the beveled area on the stainless on the center section where it overlaps. No big deal, remove 1/16" off the 4 ends on your bezels and your good (the beveled area isn't as deep on the center, but just take it off the bezels) Second, the color of the argent was off a little between the bezels and the center section under the fluorescence lights but fine in the sun.

Very cool!! How bout a snapshot for the seeing impaired???
© 2024 Moparts Forums