Moparts

E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy?

Posted By: 70mopes

E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/10/13 10:23 PM

Working on a '70 cuda and am trying to locate nice reproduction A-pillar plastic covers. Anyone know who has these?
Thanks!
Posted By: Mopar_Mudder

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/11/13 02:58 PM

I know Roseville has them. I need a pair also but haven't done anything yet.

A-pillar cover
Posted By: burdar

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/11/13 04:25 PM

I didn't know anyone was making good ones. I just thought the junk Palcos were available.
Posted By: drew72

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/11/13 06:01 PM

No such thing as nice ebody a pillar repopped trim. Even Roseville would rather not sell it to you unless you insist.
Posted By: JAK

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/11/13 06:36 PM

maybe contact metro parts about making a good reproduction? might be $$$ but IMO i would buy em.
Posted By: Furyman

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/12/13 12:17 AM

Quote:

maybe contact the Chinese about making a good reproduction? might be $$$ but IMO i would buy em.

Fixed it .
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/13/13 03:46 AM

Quote:

Working on a '70 cuda and am trying to locate nice reproduction A-pillar plastic covers. Anyone know who has these?
Thanks!

I have blue Palcos if you need them. I repainted my old ones and put them back on.
Craig
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/13/13 06:51 PM

Wow, that surprises me. I would have thought there would be good reproductions of these in this day and age. Originals are almost always broken or damaged in some way. I guess the search is on for some good original pieces.
Posted By: jeff968

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 04/09/20 11:28 PM

So? Has anyone come out with a quality reproduction A-pillar trim for e-bodies? I just had my headline redone and it looks great. I ordered up a new pair of white a-pillar plastic pieces from Legendary. I got them today. They are made by accu-form plastics. They stink. They don't fit at all and I'm afraid to work with them as the plastic is very brittle. I put my black ones back on and they fit great. So maybe I'll just dye them. Thoughts? Thx
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 04/10/20 12:30 AM

Tony's Parts has them advertised in the E-body parts for sale on here, bottom of page 3. Sponsor here. I haven't used them.
Terry
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 04/10/20 01:20 AM

Mega parts
Posted By: davesmopars

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 04/11/20 04:09 AM

why not just buy a real nice set off originals
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 04/13/20 01:39 PM

Hi All,

After getting requests to make the E-body plastic interior a-pillar trims, I initially didn’t want to make them because there were others already made.
What I didn’t know was how poorly they fit. Once I saw how poorly they fit I started the project.

About 2-1/2 years ago we released our E-body plastic interior a-pillar trims.
It took 2 years of development to get them correct, but I wasn’t going to stop short and release them without being correct.

Ours fit, I promise. We haven’t had any come back or any complaints.

We make the 1970 to mid 1971 version, with the lower hole close to the windshield, and we make the mid 1971 and later version with the lower hole more centrally located.

So while there are 2 other manufacturers of these pillar trims out there that don’t fit like they should, please don’t lump ours in with them.

Thanks, Tony
Posted By: HUSTLESTUFF

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/25/20 01:45 PM

Tony, those other comments were from 2013. Don't look like they were talking about yours. Mike
Posted By: jeff968

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 05/27/20 03:51 PM

I picked up a set of Tony's, dyed them, and installed in my TA. They are great. Fit well, pliable to get them where they need to be, all holes lined up. Highly recommend and thanks Tony for producing a quality repo item.

Attached picture chall a pillar.JPG
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: E-body A-pillar plastic - where to buy? - 06/14/20 06:15 PM

hi Jeff,
thank you for your support!
Tony
© 2024 Moparts Forums