Moparts

71 RR Louvers option code

Posted By: proshiftcharger

71 RR Louvers option code - 05/24/08 06:06 PM

A friend of mine is trying to get classic or antique tags for his 71.
He was denied because of the rear louvers.
PA DOT says..."they did not come with them."

They passed his other RR with Crager rims on it in the photo but this one cant pass because of factory option louvers.

Can someone give me the option code or any other factory documentation for the rear Louvers so he can plead his case?

thanks in advance,
Doug
Posted By: RM23V1

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/24/08 06:50 PM

The DOT may have a point.
In the original sales literature, the louvers option has a notation that says "Not available in PA"
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/24/08 08:18 PM

Quote:

Can someone give me the option code or any other factory documentation for the rear Louvers so he can plead his case?

N/A in PA

Attached picture 4448816-louvers_Final_550_b.jpg
Posted By: pinkduster

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/24/08 09:04 PM

PA DOT is stupid. I'd like to get antique plates on my 71 Road Runner, but I figure they'll bounce me because of the front and rear spoilers and the air grabber hood. I have a set of 15 inch rallyes I could put on it for the pictures.

They rejected my buddies 74 Dart Sport for the factory hood scoop. He removed the scoop and bent down to take the pictures so you couldn't see the holes in the hood and resubmitted.

They rejected my dad's Rampage because of the factory installed (direct connection items added to the window sticker) rear window louvers. My dad removed the louvers and resubmitted.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/24/08 10:03 PM

The process is definitely flawed...Same here...Took the 4 pics in with my cragars on there and they were more concerned about the archival paper I used for the photos... Oh well, it turned out to be a good diversion... ...But in this case I'm thinking it's a matter of ignorance with the options...For the sake of argument,what if the car was originally an out-of-state car.. ...The only problem is....If you have to go in there with the codes to get it through I would hope it's called for on the BS or fender tag to back it up or they may have you.... Do the obvious thing and either photoshop it off or take them off until the tag is in your posession...By the way, hope you like that vintage model A Ferd on the new tag... ....

Attached picture 4448924-IMAGE002.jpg
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/25/08 12:26 AM

Gawd I love those louvers...

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/25/08 05:38 PM

Interesting. Thank you for all the additional input. I will let him know.

Doug
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/25/08 08:20 PM

Ive been looking for a set of those louvers for a long time..Dont know if the aftermarket stuff is any good or not.. Dayclona wants over 2 grand for a set.. There is a guy that is selling them on ebay for 1500 and insists they are exact as originals..Anyone bought a set of aftermarket louvers please PM me and tell me if you are satisfied..Thanks
Posted By: 1fastrunner

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/26/08 01:34 AM

I had issues with the "hood scoop" also, and I had to send in confirmation that it was a factory item. If you can find some literature, or make some up, to show it was offered as original then that's what you have to do.
Oh, as for the picture in my license plate, I put a sticker of a cartoon Superbird over it.
Jim

Re: 71 RR Louvers option code - 05/26/08 03:42 AM

Quote:

Oh, as for the picture in my license plate, I put a sticker of a cartoon Superbird over it.
Jim

© 2024 Moparts Forums