Moparts

Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see

Posted By: Troy

Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 07:27 AM

http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories/trenton-engine/7-million.html

There is a ton of info in these old photos.

Note the spark plugs are in the engine before paint:
See how the converter is mounted on the crank...not placed in the trans before install:
Check out the cool build sheet on the front of the engine as it went down the line:

Fun to look at.

Troy
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 09:04 AM

I can't believe they (allpar) refer to this engine as a low performance 440.

let's discuss the details ..... b-body '68 440HP EAD 5/21/68

Attached picture 7691060-trenton-7-million-engines.jpg
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 09:54 AM

It looks like some parts were installed on the line & replaced after paint (negative battery cable /valve covers)

LOOK MA - NO paint on the oil pan/oil pump

Then completed/detailed for display (w/a-body 383 chrome valve covers) & painted oil pan and pump.

Attached picture 7691067-1968440HPengineassembly735.jpg
Posted By: A12

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 05:38 PM

Quote:

It looks like some parts were installed on the line & replaced after paint (negative battery cable /valve covers)

LOOK MA - NO paint on the oil pan/oil pump

Then completed/detailed for display (w/a-body 383 chrome valve covers) & painted oil pan and pump.

And where is that highly sought after "production line oil filter"

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 05:40 PM

And is that really the same engine in both photos and are those two still wearing the same suits, ties and name tags?????

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 05:47 PM

so they waited around while they put on the chrome valve covers, carb, air filter and cover, etc., and then on a new engine stand....I don't think they are the same engines just me
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/02/13 07:20 PM

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this milestone special engine. But more to the others around it.

Notice the /6 motor further down the page shows the rear of the motor and the torque converter connected to it and engine paint on the torque coverter.
Posted By: MMC Detroit

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/07/13 10:30 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this milestone special engine. But more to the others around it.

Notice the /6 motor further down the page shows the rear of the motor and the torque converter connected to it and engine paint on the torque coverter.

I agree milestone engines are always special and do not follow the std process for marketing photo's. Do not base a restoration based on this milestone engine.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: Some very cool old pictures from another site. Must see - 05/08/13 12:41 AM

I'm hoping all those glasses were last minute hand-outs everyone looks terrible in them !!! Although the one guy looks like he's wearing a magnified pair like the ones Andy Dick wore in employee of the month..
© 2024 Moparts Forums