Moparts

69 RR New Tires That Look Good and Drive Good ?

Posted By: fowler1400

69 RR New Tires That Look Good and Drive Good ? - 03/06/13 05:04 AM

I am looking for a set of new tires for my 69 RR that look somewhat original and drive good,thinking about Cooper Cobra 225-70-15 about $100 each ?.The old Dunlop G70-15s look good but are are old and cracked and am scared to drive on them. Thanks for your help,recommendations,pics.
Posted By: topside

Re: 69 RR New Tires That Look Good and Drive Good ? - 03/06/13 07:21 AM

Depends on whether you want redlines or white letters (later production option), and whether by "drive good" you prefer radials or bias-ply.
I prefer radials for street driving over bias-plys myself, and have used Radial T/As & Firestone Indy 500s. If you want redlines, check out Coker Tire; IIRC, they have them in both radial and bias-ply.
Posted By: A12

Re: 69 RR New Tires That Look Good and Drive Good ? - 03/06/13 04:28 PM

Lots of good wheel and tire combinations out so as stated it's more the look that you want. For me I would check into and invest in the best shocks available at an affordable price and get a good alignment, that has made the most difference in ride quality than wheels and tires IMO.
Posted By: rrunner

Re: 69 RR New Tires That Look Good and Drive Good ? - 03/06/13 08:17 PM

I have had good luck with the Coopers, but last year was talked into Firestone Indy 500's by my tire distributor. I wasn't too crazy about the idea of having Firestones but he said if within a couple of weeks if I didn't like them he'd take them back. Well I still have them and I'm very impressed with the ride.
© 2024 Moparts Forums