Moparts

Mopar Electrical Connectors Website

Posted By: bronco9588

Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 01:35 AM

Anybody have a recommended source for pigtails and new electrical connectors? I have a 1973 charger and would like to replace some of the connectors.
Posted By: Michael Ecks

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 02:17 AM

When I updated my Challenger's wiring harness I got most of the stuff I needed from here.

http://terminalsupplyco.com/products/prod_catalog_pdf.aspx

That was three years ago or so. Nice people to talk to. And for a big industrial looking catalog they seemed more than happy to help the hobbyist with small orders. Had pretty much everything my car needed for the stock style wiring.
Posted By: 68_CONV_300

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 04:11 AM

here is a source for the original style connectors

http://www.pcsconnectors.com/packard56.aspx

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 04:39 AM

how about the 8 wire connectors into the steering column?

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 04:50 AM

Not sure, but I think the steering column connector style is called Molex. Page 75 on terminal supply's catalog. If it is molex they have the pin connectors, don't see the housing though. If your housing isn't reusable call terminal supply and I bet they can find one for you if they are still made.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 10:24 PM

Quote:

Not sure, but I think the steering column connector style is called Molex. Page 75 on terminal supply's catalog. If it is molex they have the pin connectors, don't see the housing though. If your housing isn't reusable call terminal supply and I bet they can find one for you if they are still made.

It is Molex style but not a genuine Molex. A new connector comes with a replacement ignition switch if you can find one of those.
Craig

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 10:33 PM

Column side connector with switch:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Standard-Ign...813&vxp=mtr

The other end is part of the pricey dash harness. Evans may have the connectors but he only sells harnesses through Year One.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/18/13 10:55 PM

Quote:

The other end is part of the pricey dash harness. Evans may have the connectors but he only sells harnesses through Year One.

Uh, no thats M&H, Evans will sell anything your willing to buy...

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/20/13 04:41 AM

You are right. Got them confused.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/20/13 08:52 PM

bookmark
Posted By: 2abodymcodes

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 02/20/13 11:40 PM

another source we use here at our shop.
Aerodyne (773)588-2905
parts@aerodyneinc.net

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/07/13 04:21 PM

I think i am going to start with the steering column restoration and get the new ignition and turn signal harnesses from rock auto. I would love to find the 8 pin male connectors, but will probably be replacing with high amp connectors. As far as all the other connectors in the car, did Chrysler use 56 connectors for things like the headlight switch connector? I would like to save some of the original stuff as it is very expensive .

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/08/13 05:26 PM

Bump on the 56 style connectors?
Posted By: PossessedDuster

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/08/13 07:41 PM

Anyone know where to find a headlight switch connector for a 67 Belvedere?

Mine is a bit toastey

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/08/13 11:53 PM

Pretty sure my 71 challenger was 56 at the dash switch and 59 at the headlight light socket.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/12/13 03:07 AM

The power windows use this stump and slotted sleeve connector. What type of connectors are these?

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/13/13 01:26 AM

hard to tell from that description, and I didn't have power Windows to deal with. if you have a pic I'm sure we or someone here can help ID it.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/15/13 12:20 PM

All - How about if I want to replace a fuse terminal in my existing fuse block? This would be on my 68 D100 but I would assume that the same type of connections were used on other models....

My problem is that I am missing a few fuse locations and want to add. The other side of that is you can't find these fuse boxes that often and when you do they are rusty.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/15/13 11:04 PM

wally426ci

You might have to do some more checking around for those. On my 71 they snap into the fuse block similar to the delphi 56 connectors but have the shaped end to accept the fuse ends. I did not encounter these being sold anywhere when I was working on mine.

If you aren't trying to be super slick and make the circuits look factory, you can get blocks that hold any number of fuses you could wire up from a single power lead and then keep the accessory fuse block near the main factory one. The two or three circuits I added, I just put in an inline glass fuse holder under the dash so I don't have to keep both glass and blade fuses in the glove box.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/16/13 12:58 AM

Thanks man, good idea's.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/21/13 02:30 AM

So I am a little confused by the 56 series and the 59 series style contact. Notice one female connector has two loops that retain the male end whereas the other female connector has a flat plate. Can they both be the same series?

Attached picture 7633979-IMG_20130320_212230_601.jpg

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/21/13 03:36 PM

I'm getting a little out of my area of knowledge here so hopefully someone will double check me. But...

To me those do indeed look like the same series of terminals. If I recall right the difference in that the 59 series is slightly wider than the 56. I think what you are looking at is just two different production designs. If you compare most of your underdash stuff, with the terminal size on a sealed beam headlight and its wiring you should see it.

For specificity sake, when you look up replacements in a catalog both the male and female ends you show there are "terminals" the plastic housings they go in that insulate the bare terminals to prevent shorting, have one or multiple positions, and may or may not have a locking clip, are called connectors. Again in catalogs, I know what you meant though.

EDIT- HEY! I got it right! Here you go.
Packard 56, 58, and 59 series
Never seen a 58 anywhere on a car myself.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 03/21/13 08:40 PM

Does anybody know if the turn signal harness plug is available new anywhere for 68-69 B bodies? I would like to get a new one if possible and keep the original for a spare.

Attached picture 7634933-69column.jpg

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/05/13 05:10 PM

Okay... here is another question for mopar electrical trivia. I have the 1973 manuals and read through the electrical connections. Anyways, there is this yellow wire in the steering column that is alluding me and not documented in the diagrams. The column has the 8 wires from the turn signal, the 5 from the ignition switch, 2 for the key in buzzer, and one for the gear indicator lamp. Somehow I have this extra yellow wire approx 14 gauge hanging out with a single 56 connector. Any ideas?

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/05/13 05:13 PM

Illumination, either for the ignition switch or if it's a column shift the shift indicator...

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/05/13 05:19 PM

The column is a column shift but the gear indicator wire is orange and is accounted for...

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/05/13 05:53 PM

Quote:

Illumination, either for the ignition switch or if it's a column shift the shift indicator...

Okay... its starting to make sense. There is a light bulb housing behind the hazard light switch... is that so you can see your key? I thought that illuminated with the hazard switch. You can tell I have never had this car in 100% working order to know how things worked.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/05/13 05:59 PM

Yup, ignition switch light, it plugs into the time delay relay harness..

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/06/13 01:38 AM

Anybody know where I can get the metal crimp on connector for the lights in the dash?

Attached picture 7695217-IMG_20130505_203624_350.jpg

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/06/13 02:57 AM

Try this..

http://www.repairconnector.com/products/...-Connector.html

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/07/13 11:07 PM

What do lights A, B, C do?

Attached picture 7697470-picture.jpg
Posted By: 73bluebird

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/07/13 11:46 PM

Try http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Automotive-Connectors/_/N-1ehb5/ for some of those electrical connectors. I just built a power window harness from scratch, complete with relays, and got all of the necessary factory style connectors from this site.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/08/13 01:52 AM

Quote:

Try http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Automotive-Connectors/_/N-1ehb5/ for some of those electrical connectors. I just built a power window harness from scratch, complete with relays, and got all of the necessary factory style connectors from this site.

I have power windows too! Where did you find the sump and loop crimp on connectors in for the power window switches?
Posted By: 73bluebird

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/08/13 08:43 PM

I retained the original parts for the power window switches. I bought an XV Power Window kit and wanted to make the harness that connects to the relays at the bulkhead connector and also wanted to add power window relays to the XV harness. I bought a set of nice used Mopar power window switches that came with the connectors with a short pigtail for each. I plan on adding the Mopar style switch connectors to the XV harness once I know everything works right with the setup as is. Mouser has a lot of the oddball connectors for relays, but I don't know if they would have anything for the original power window switch type connectors or not. It took me some time searching their site to find what I needed, but then again I wasn't sure how to describe or find what I was looking for at first.

Re: Mopar Electrical Connectors Website - 05/08/13 10:51 PM

Quote:

What do lights A, B, C do?

A is fender mounted turn signal and flashes in step with the front turn signal. B is marker light and comes on with parking and head lights. C is turn signal/parking light and has a two filament bulb, on for each application.
Craig
© 2024 Moparts Forums