Moparts

Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!!

Posted By: A47

Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/10/13 10:42 PM

hi Guys , just seen these being reproduced ,

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISA...0&lsite=100

no idea how long they been out !! , are they any good , where are they made ? anyone use one ?

appreciate any feed back & info

Posted By: 469runner

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/10/13 11:56 PM

Glad to see them available. Though, the rear half shouldn't have ribs around the perimeter.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 04:31 AM

Quote:

Glad to see them available. Though, the rear half shouldn't have ribs around the perimeter.

It doesn't have ribs around the perimeter.
Look again. looks pretty correct to me with a pic.
There goes my originals.

MLR426
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 04:32 AM

Figures, the spare that I have been holding onto and paid top dollar for probably just dropped in value by half of what I paid!
Posted By: 1970A13

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 04:46 AM

All the PDB cars i had never had the ribs on boosters,but maybe i did'nt look that hard at them?
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 05:34 AM

OEM Bendix boosters were smooth around the base, not stepped like the repro units.

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 05:52 AM

Ok, good. Didn't have mine available right now to look at. Thanks for the info!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 06:29 AM

Quote:

OEM Bendix boosters were smooth around the base, not stepped like the repro units.

Agreed,...but not a bad looking repro though, time will tell how the fit/function is amongst buyers,...Wayne (RAMMAN) from Fort Wayne Texas has also introduced a line of Bendix boosters if anybody is looking?

Here's the HEMI and the B body Bendix for comparison to the above post

Mike

Attached picture 7583940-4687528-brakeboosters.jpg

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 06:36 AM

Here's "Pirate Jacks" repro, close...but no Cigar

Attached picture 7583946-pirate.JPG

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 06:39 AM

Wayne is selling the same boosters. I also sold a couple lately.

The mounting studs are metric and you must enlarge the hole in the original firewall stiffening plate a tad. Everything else looks pretty good.

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 08:21 AM

Wait, so Wayne (Ramman) is selling / making the ones that he makes with the step on the back part? I thought he was only rebuilding them and making specific parts, not the whole thing?
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 08:56 AM

Quote:

Figures, the spare that I have been holding onto and paid top dollar for probably just dropped in value by half of what I paid!

That's the way I roll, too. Buy 'em high, sell 'em low.
I knew something didn't look quite right. I went through every booster in NAPA's warehouse to find the correct one, and they ended up rebuilding my original for me.
Hard to find.

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 04:26 PM

These are the only new, reproduction Bendix style boosters available. They are not available for Hemi applications.

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 06:25 PM

thanks guys ,
for all the replies & info , no idea where they madethen ??

also , wonder why 68 /69 hemi B- Body cars came with a Bendix booster even when it was drums all round , well the ones i've seen have been bendix , yet the midland & ross on all other engine combinations
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 09:10 PM

Quote:

thanks guys ,

also , wonder why 68 /69 hemi B- Body cars came with a Bendix booster even when it was drums all round , well the ones i've seen have been bendix , yet the midland & ross on all other engine combinations

The Bendix is what will clear the valve covers/hood up on the bracket, Midland/Ross has a bigger diameter .
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 11:02 PM

Isn't the Bendix a dual diaphragm to make up for the small size?
Posted By: 1970A13

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/11/13 11:38 PM

JohnRR,you'r right on, had a hemi RR with power drum brakes, had the Bendix booster and drum master and dent in the air grabber box!

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/12/13 01:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

thanks guys ,

The Bendix is what will clear the valve covers/hood up on the bracket, Midland/Ross has a bigger diameter .

thanks guys for all the feed back & infomation !! its been appreciated
nother question i'm been thinking about , is there any performance differece on the bendix and midland & ross , ?? of just a fixe / fitment thing !! ????

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/12/13 01:41 PM

The Midland-Ross booster is a single diaphragm booster meant for drum brakes. The Bendix booster is a dual diaphragm booster meant for the disc brake master cyl. Granted, the Bendix is a smaller diameter than the Midland-Ross so that could be why it has to have a dual diaphragm.

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/12/13 03:56 PM

Quote:

The Midland-Ross booster is a single diaphragm booster meant for drum brakes. The Bendix booster is a dual diaphragm booster meant for the disc brake master cyl. Granted, the Bendix is a smaller diameter than the Midland-Ross so that could be why it has to have a dual diaphragm.

I recently parted a nice clean all original 1969 Sat wagon that had 4 wheel drum brakes, and a dual diaphram Bendix booster....

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/12/13 07:45 PM

Dayclona is right. I forgot about the wagon drum brake application. I wonder if it gives more stopping force or less pedal effort for stopping force due to the dual diaphragms?

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/12/13 08:30 PM

yes thats what i am thinking

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/12/13 09:04 PM

Granted, I havent driven a car like mine with the midland ross booster, but my 69 charger that has the bendix disc brakes if you hit the pedal too hard, you'll end up going through the windshield! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my brakes! Wish the ones in my 07 F150 were this good!

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/15/13 03:59 PM

wonder if the midland & ross requires more vacuum to opperate as opposed to the bendix ? just throwing a few ideas out there !! like i mentioned bendix on hemi but wedge motored 68 -70 b bodies midland & ross !!
& bendix on a hemi car , thinking giving better stopping power with less vacuum being generated with a hemi motor due to cam , maybe

never seen a roadrunner or charger with a wedge & powr drums with a bendix booster !! wonder why
just some thoughts guys ,
thanks again for all your imput & feed back
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/15/13 04:11 PM

Quote:

wonder if the midland & ross requires more vacuum to opperate as opposed to the bendix ? just throwing a few ideas out there !! like i mentioned bendix on hemi but wedge motored 68 -70 b bodies midland & ross !!
& bendix on a hemi car , thinking giving better stopping power with less vacuum being generated with a hemi motor due to cam , maybe

never seen a roadrunner or charger with a wedge & powr drums with a bendix booster !! wonder why

HUH ????

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/15/13 06:12 PM

Quote:

I've run the Midlands and Bendix boosters on wedge and HEMI cars with "big" (large dur.) cams, really doesn't matter as to the booster used, ...vacumm supply is key, generally 10" of vac minimum is fine for a manual car, as the engine recovers vacumm for the booster when you clutch to engage the brakes at low speed operation, the same engine set up with an automatic generally cannot substain repeated braking at low speed operation, which usually requires the need for a reserve canister in the system, or in worst cases, a vacumm pump

Mike

Re: Reproduction 68 -70 B-body , bendix boosters !!!! - 02/17/13 04:53 PM

more good infomation !! the 440 in my satalitte with current cam idles in gear with foot on brake at 10hgs of vacume
thinking of buying this booster to fit with none power drums
seems a better deal sourcing the midland & ross booster , master cyliner / fire wall plate & pedel bell crank linkage !!

thanks again !! for all the feed back !! given me some things to think about
© 2024 Moparts Forums