Moparts

ballast resistor part number

Posted By: Trailers4Sale

ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 06:26 AM

I am wondering what part number is stamped on an original ballast resistor bracket for a 1969 B body. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: hemigeno

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 06:55 PM

The P/N is 2095501. I have three different styles of stamping or brackets, but the one I used on my car is the one on the bottom left with the stamping readable from "straight on".

Attached picture 7478909-DaytonaParts083a.JPG

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 07:00 PM

Thanks Gene: I'm looking forward to seeing your car someday. I just haven't been able to get to any of the shows.

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 07:06 PM

Hopefully you'll have yours ready to roll someday soon also!

Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 07:26 PM

Quote:

The P/N is 2095501. I have three different styles of stamping or brackets, but the one I used on my car is the top one with the stamping readable from the windshield side of the firewall and not from "straight on".

Thanks Geno and Tony... I'll surely go out today and check my original ballasts and see if I have the correct one(s)..

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 07:51 PM

Correction - I went out and checked my cabinet shelves, and found the one on the top of the photo (with the stamping readable from the windshield side of the firewall) and the one with the silver bracket still sitting there. So, I grabbed a flashlight and checked the one on the car, and it's the one on the left side of the photo. You can't see the stamping very well once it's goobered up with overspray, although I don't know how much Roger's going to add on your car. I thought the shape of the ceramic housing was correct on the two resistors with the gold cad plating - note the difference in nubs which center the bracket. Since Vance had both of them at his shop when that assembly was done, I'm assuming he grabbed the one with the nicer plating and ignored the direction of the stamp.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/27/12 08:53 PM

Quote:

The P/N is 2095501. I have three different styles of stamping or brackets, but the one I used on my car is the one on the bottom left with the stamping readable from "straight on".

Like this.

Attached picture 7479046-P7220475.JPG

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/28/12 03:08 AM

So did all 1969 cars come with the round nubs? When were the more oval shaped nubs used?

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/28/12 05:20 PM

I just dug through some photos and found two Daytonas with original ballasts that had the oval-shaped nubs rather than the smaller round ones. It was probably just a vendor thing, and I'm guessing that either style would be considered correct. For what it's worth, both of those cars seemed to have a silver cad strap rather than gold (one was so coated with overspray you really couldn't tell), but I know I've seen others with gold cad.

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/28/12 08:55 PM

Thanks for looking into that Gene.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: ballast resistor part number - 11/29/12 04:27 AM

Quote:

I just dug through some photos and found two Daytonas with original ballasts that had the oval-shaped nubs rather than the smaller round ones. It was probably just a vendor thing, and I'm guessing that either style would be considered correct. For what it's worth, both of those cars seemed to have a silver cad strap rather than gold (one was so coated with overspray you really couldn't tell), but I know I've seen others with gold cad.

The backward numbers may also be vender thing.
© 2024 Moparts Forums