Moparts

Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields

Posted By: 71redcuda

Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 10:13 AM

Hi, Need to find new muffler heat shields for 70-74 cuda and would like to know who sells the best repros..

Thanks!

Nicklas

Attached picture 7454910-4748978-100_0731.JPG
Posted By: burdar

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 04:07 PM

I got mine from Dales Cuda Shop. They fit nice on my Challenger. The finish isn't correct but they look good. Originals had the larger leaf pattern...the new ones have the smaller pattern.
Posted By: 70plymA34

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 04:27 PM

just have the ones from dales plated in zinc. the important details on originals you cant see when the mufflers are mounted anyway. there is a small honeycomb like stamp in the metal like you find on petal brackets and a 3-4 digit manufacture stamp as well in the center. if you can find nos ones they are $$$$$.

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 04:48 PM

Yes i know,i have the original ones,and i can see numbers on them.They are painted black now and i thought i just should buy nice repros instead of replating these..Oh yes,the muffler heater shields on my car is very visible because i dont have any rear mufflers on it..

thanks
nicklas
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 04:57 PM

Quote:

I got mine from Dales Cuda Shop. They fit nice on my Challenger. The finish isn't correct but they look good. Originals had the larger leaf pattern...the new ones have the smaller pattern.

"larger leaf pattern"?

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 05:14 PM

I've heard it called "leaf pattern", "spangled finish" and just "flake pattern".

Compare the first pic with the one in this link. The one in the link has the larger flakes that are easily seen.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/6590614-blicence3.jpg
Posted By: PasiR

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 09:18 PM

Galvanized
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 09:28 PM

Got mine from Mike @ Rocket Restorations in Olympia, Washington...

Attached picture 7455494-OEheatshieldRocketResto.jpg

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 09:39 PM

Quote:

Galvanized

Yes, they are galvanized but there is small and large "flake" galvanizing. That's what I was getting at. Originals had the larger "flake".

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 09:55 PM

Quote:

Got mine from Mike @ Rocket Restorations in Olympia, Washington...

Ok,i have heard several peopole that are happy with the shields from DCS but the ones you showed looks good..Im looking for good finish with good fitment.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 10:22 PM

Quote:

I've heard it called "leaf pattern", "spangled finish" and just "flake pattern".

Compare the first pic with the one in this link. The one in the link has the larger flakes that are easily seen.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/upload2/6590614-blicence3.jpg

Gotcha. Thought thats what you meant.
Posted By: rayztoy

Re: Most accurate/best quality cuda muffler heat shields - 11/09/12 10:27 PM

Quote:

Ok,i have heard several peopole that are happy with the shields from DCS but the ones you showed looks good..Im looking for good finish with good fitment.

IMHO, fit and finish is excellent.
© 2024 Moparts Forums