Moparts

reproduction 70 Challenger grille

Posted By: bluestar2

reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 10/20/12 07:41 PM

Does anyone have any first hand experience with the current reproduction 1970 Challenger grilles by Dynacorn? I am looking for feedback on fit, appearance, etc.
Usually we would restore the grille or buy an NOS one but I need one in the next 2 weeks and a NOS one is out of the budget.
Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Mark
Posted By: Cuda Cody

Re: reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 10/20/12 08:33 PM

I used one and it was pretty good. There's some little things like brackets that are not correct, but you can move those over from an old grille. Also, if you're using the repop headlight bezels, best to repaint them all at the same time so they match and look correct (Grilles do not come painted and bezels do... ). Dave at Roseville is who sold me mine.
Posted By: bluestar2

Re: reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 10/22/12 05:49 PM

That's what I am looking to hear....any one else have any experience with these?
Thank You
Posted By: moparfan

Re: reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 08/04/21 06:52 PM

Bringing this back up, looking for new grille. Purchased one and it is total garbage. Still trying to figure out who made it. looks like the entire thing is spray bombed flat silver
Posted By: varunner

Re: reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 08/06/21 12:55 AM

Where did you buy it at ? I see dynacorn for sale now
Posted By: moparfan

Re: reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 08/06/21 01:22 PM

I bought it from Vans, they have been great about returning it. I'm not sure who's it is, no identifiers on the box other than made in Taiwan. The bezels i got from AMD are acceptable. I see one at classic industries that by the pictures looks correct. I'll see if i can get them to provide pictures of it to me before i buy it
Posted By: varunner

Re: reproduction 70 Challenger grille - 08/08/21 10:55 AM

I need one as well. I tried to duplicate the clear anodizing on the egg crate area and the edges with "chrome" paint. doesn't look right and doesn't match the bezels. If you find one with the correct clear anodizing, let us know.
© 2024 Moparts Forums