Moparts

A63 / SE / Hood Trim - 1970 Challenger

Posted By: faud88

A63 / SE / Hood Trim - 1970 Challenger - 09/04/12 01:39 AM

I purchased a set of rear of fender and rear of hood stainless trim from a fellow member here for a 1970 Challenger R/T SE that I am finishing up. When I went to install them the fender pieces went on perfect but the hood piece seems to be just a tad long on both sides. It looks identical to another R/T SE that I have in the garage, but it's just a little long. Did any other car's run a similar Stainless rear of hood piece that would have been just a tad longer than a Challenger?

Thanks,

Paul
Posted By: 2002bluert

Re: A63 / SE / Hood Trim - 1970 Challenger - 09/04/12 07:45 AM

Measure the one you have and I will measure the two I have on cars.
Posted By: wmwalden

Re: A63 / SE / Hood Trim - 1970 Challenger - 09/04/12 07:22 PM

Sounds like you have a moulding that goes on a Charger. The Challenger moulding is shorter then Charger. I have both. And have bought a Charger moulding that was sold as Challenger. The guy did take the part back and a full refund.
Posted By: faud88

Re: A63 / SE / Hood Trim - 1970 Challenger - 09/05/12 02:30 AM

I will have to measure mine. I didn't realize that there was a Charger version that looked so similar. What year Chargers did they use them on?
Posted By: wmwalden

Re: A63 / SE / Hood Trim - 1970 Challenger - 09/06/12 06:05 PM

I have seen them on 71 Chargers. Not sure of other years. I have full sets for both cars. Charger and Challengers. The back of the hood, fenders, down the doors and the rear side window.
And actually the back fender pcs for Charger are slightly different from Challenger. When you see both held together is the only time you can see the deference.
© 2024 Moparts Forums