Moparts

dash assembly completed.

Posted By: LimeliteAero

dash assembly completed. - 08/26/12 09:35 PM

I know the pics dont show well but Im totally thrilled with how my dash turned out. It took a while but I finally buttoned it up today with some hardware I picked up at E-town yesterday that replaced lost items. Thanks to Mike Mancini for the cluster and ash tray but everything else was done at home.

Posted By: JDMopar

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/26/12 10:15 PM

Looks really good! I spy....an AM/FM radio Somebody spent a wad of money if it wasn't already there! I built a jig for my Challenger dash, and assembled it on the bench. That's the only way to go. Funny how we work smarter instead of harder as we get older.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/26/12 10:54 PM

now that's a sweet job! i love that am/fm!! i made friends with a guy yesterday with a hugely modified 70 duster but it was still sportin' the original am/fm thumbwheel and it worked! nice work! where in SE PA are you?
Posted By: JMCFAN

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/26/12 11:44 PM

NICE!!!
Posted By: 5wndwcpe

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 03:47 AM

Looks good Dave.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 02:18 PM

Posted By: 70_FJ6_RR

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 02:49 PM

Looks super nice!
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 04:04 PM

Nice work
Posted By: HotRod20

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 04:24 PM

yeah...really nice work!
HR 20

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 04:51 PM

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!!!

Mikemee...Im about 30 minutes west of Philly.
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 05:06 PM

Quote:

Looks really good! I spy....an AM/FM radio ...

, also a Foe-Speed....
Posted By: jt4406

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 05:07 PM

Wow, that is really sweet! Where in the world did you find pads that nice? I have a repop upper, but ralley dash lower (knee?) pads and glavebox door for a 69 seem to be made of unobtainum. Is anyone repoping these yet?
jt
Posted By: hemi68charger

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 05:24 PM

Quote:

Wow, that is really sweet! Where in the world did you find pads that nice? I have a repop upper, but ralley dash lower (knee?) pads and glavebox door for a 69 seem to be made of unobtainum. Is anyone repoping these yet?
jt

That's a '70 dash (notice the radio and lack of Flasher switch), hence the lower "pads" are molded plastic... Cheaper in the beginning when new, but typcially deal with time a lot better.

But, to answer your question, as far as I know, no one is reproducing the lower pads...
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 05:44 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the thumbs up guys!!!

Mikemee...Im about 30 minutes west of Philly.

Hey Dave. Any word on finished paint?

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/27/12 05:55 PM

hey Mark...Im not even gonna take a guess. its gonna be a few more months. I was really hoping to be doing the reassembly in the warmer weather but it is what it is. looks like itll be heaters instead of fans.
Posted By: bschargerse

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/28/12 01:04 AM

Nice work Dave. Now drill a hole in the blank next to the speedo and install a period correct Sun Super Tach! Just kidding...
Posted By: Mike Mancini

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/28/12 01:39 AM

Looks Great Dave!!!
Posted By: cudablues

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/28/12 02:22 PM

Looks good Dave.I just finished the dash on the Runner.Motor still sitting in the corner Gary
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: dash assembly completed. - 08/28/12 03:41 PM

Quote:

...but ralley dash lower (knee?) pads and glavebox door for a 69 seem to be made of unobtainum. Is anyone repoping these yet?

PG Classics has them in their printed catalog. I took a quick look on their site and the B/E & A site but didn't see them , so you may need to contact one of them.

© 2024 Moparts Forums