Moparts

E Body Trunk Coating

Posted By: FLPlum

E Body Trunk Coating - 07/18/12 07:13 PM

Hello,
After some work on my trunk area, I need to finish part of the inside quarters with the undercoating, and paint.
Anybody ever had to refinish the inside quarter area?

I really could use some original trunk pictures so I have a better idea of how this should look. I just dont want to mess it up, trying for an original look.

Also any formula or application ideas would be helpful.
Thank You!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/18/12 07:22 PM

I can only show you what mine looked like when I took it apart, have no experience applying it.

Posted By: DavesSledshop

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/22/12 12:25 PM

Resto rick makes factory correct undercoating. He's a sponsor on this website. www.restorick.com

Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/22/12 03:03 PM

Wonder how many replacement quarters got the window stops switched over to the new quarters? They don't come on the new quarters.
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/22/12 05:09 PM

When I did my trunk, I was more concerned with adequate coverage than duplicating the factory...

OE wasn't held to the highest standards...
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/22/12 06:46 PM

OE wasn't about rust prevention in this area either... it was for sound deadening of the panel "drumming".
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/29/12 02:51 AM

Do you sell this coating Rick? and how, spray can or brush on. I have been trying to get some for years for my 69 Dart.
Posted By: Topcat

Re: E Body Trunk Coating - 07/29/12 05:55 AM

70 OEM Cuda.

I was grafting top sail onto quarter right before Goodmark came out with complete quarters.

© 2024 Moparts Forums