Moparts

Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts?

Posted By: TWS

Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/17/12 07:49 PM

Looking for a source for 70 E-Body lower fender U-Nuts, 5/16-18, 1-3/8" deep (not the more common 1" deep size). Thanks!

Attached picture 7296458-DSCN3072(Medium).JPG
Posted By: AARCONV

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 12:46 AM

they repro these...found in all places..check year one or r/t specialties

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 01:30 PM

Quote:

they repro these...found in all places..check year one or r/t specialties

That's what I am trying to find. R/T Specialties does not carry. Places like McMaster Carr have the right size, but the details are not the same. In other words, I have been able to find replacements this size, but not reproductions.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 02:19 PM

as far as I know that 'exact' shape, style and length doesn't exist
Posted By: koak

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 02:36 PM

I've just been going thru the same thing. It bugs me that the new ones are not the same. I went thru my collection of 30 yrs of parting cars and found clean ones for the top of the fenders. I did not find clean ones for the fender bottoms tho. I looked all over and even researched the original mfg (CIP, California Industrial Products). They are still around as part of ITW. They apparently have a couple diffrent lines they sell. If you find them in Napa, you will see they are somewhat closer to the originals than the ones that they sell to Lowes, etc. I was going to use the Napa versions, but found enough from my stash.

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 02:59 PM

Quote:

I've just been going thru the same thing. It bugs me that the new ones are not the same. I went thru my collection of 30 yrs of parting cars and found clean ones for the top of the fenders. I did not find clean ones for the fender bottoms tho. I looked all over and even researched the original mfg (CIP, California Industrial Products). They are still around as part of ITW. They apparently have a couple diffrent lines they sell. If you find them in Napa, you will see they are somewhat closer to the originals than the ones that they sell to Lowes, etc. I was going to use the Napa versions, but found enough from my stash.

I found the same thing doing some online search of CIP (the original vendor), but the new lines don't appear as the same. You bring up a good point about NAPA. I noticed last time I was in NAPA they had a lot of nice looking body hardware. I'll check them out today.
Posted By: ricks_RR

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 03:27 PM

try ricks automotive hardware .com
i got alot of the u-nuts from him and fit good

ricks_RR
Posted By: koak

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/18/12 05:21 PM

Man, I thought I was the only person who would go thru all of that work just for the "U" nuts. Guess some of you guys are as warped as me....
Posted By: ricks_RR

Re: Source for 70 E-Body Lower Fender U-Nuts? - 07/19/12 04:58 PM

these cars will drive you to the NUT house

ricks_RR
© 2024 Moparts Forums