Moparts

72 'cuda blue interior questions

Posted By: viperblue72

72 'cuda blue interior questions - 06/30/12 06:45 AM

I am restoring a 1972 cuda that is b5 blue originally with blue interior. My question is what was originally blue in this year? It has black side panels and dash pad and it has a black console. Seats, headliner, rear speaker pad is blue. Did the interior come this way or has somebody changed some of it? Also the seatbelts are black. It has no carpet so I don't know about that but Im guessing it was blue also.
Posted By: cudablues

Re: 72 'cuda blue interior questions - 06/30/12 02:54 PM

I have a 73 B5 with blue interior Cuda.Basically every thing is one shade of blue or another.The only black i can think of is the steering wheel and the seatbelts,and on a 72 the belts show"blue/black,which i presume means blue belts with black buckels,but maybe someone else knows better.
Posted By: moparfan53

Re: 72 'cuda blue interior questions - 06/30/12 04:35 PM

There is some info in the 72 dealer trim book. Click on the far right image in the top row.

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1972ColorAndTrimPlymouth-05.shtml
Posted By: 72blubird

Re: 72 'cuda blue interior questions - 07/04/12 04:48 AM

I can tell you on 72 road runner the counsel, carpet, seats, door panels, headliner, dash, all plastic and trim blue. Seat belts and Tuff Wheel black. Had the car since 77 and know the previous owner. So virtually sure it was original.
© 2024 Moparts Forums