Moparts

Poly Tank Repair

Posted By: Mikeymopar68

Poly Tank Repair - 05/28/12 08:56 PM

The poly fuel tank on my 77 Warlock has a 9' crack along the top. I am not having any luck finding another tank but until I do has anyone used a plastic welding kit to repair a fuel tank? I am not sure if this is a smart move but I am in research mode right now. Also, if any one knows of a commercial repair place I would appreciate that info also. Thanks Mike
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Poly Tank Repair - 05/28/12 11:07 PM

I know of two non-metallic tanks that Dodge used. One is a true polyethylene and one is some type of fibrous plastic that I have no idea what it is. If you have a true poly tank, take it to any RV dealer and have them plastic weld it. They do it to water storage tanks in RV's all the time. I had the gas tank in my '72 W200 welded 15 years ago at an RV dealership and it's still holding. If you have the other style tank, I have no idea what you would do with it.
Posted By: DusterJeff

Re: Poly Tank Repair - 05/29/12 04:47 AM

I have a Napa Plastic repair kit hanging above my workbench,have never had the occasion to use it.Call the boys at Napa and ask them..
Posted By: Mikeymopar68

Re: Poly Tank Repair - 05/29/12 01:34 PM

Thanks Roger. I do have a poly tank and not the other one you mentioned. I never thought about an RV having poly tanks since I don't camp but your idea makes a lot of sense. I will hit the yellow pages and find one. Thanks again. If all else fails off to my local NAPA store!
© 2024 Moparts Forums