Moparts

shaker bubble to base plate?

Posted By: toplescuda

shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 03:37 AM

what actually holds the two togeather ? is it just a seal? is the grip that holds them togeather enuff to hold them while base plate bolted to wall???
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 04:33 AM

There are several capscrews that hold the bubble to the adapter ring.
Posted By: lady426

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 05:41 AM

Anyone got pic/s showing the location and details?
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 06:09 AM

Attached picture 7198187-shaker.JPG

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 12:21 PM

Lol thanks but that dont help much
Posted By: Danan

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 02:43 PM

The baseplate bolts to the adapter ring, the bubble bolts to the adapter ring. Reference the drawing Dayclona posted.
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 03:21 PM

Bubble was held down to the adapter ring with 10-24 sems screws with captive washers

Attached picture 7198442-8038.jpg
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 03:38 PM

Quote:

Bubble was held down to the adapter ring with 10-24 sems screws with captive washers

... at 7 locations...

Attached picture 7198471-ShakerBubbleAttach.jpg
Posted By: 71vert340

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/09/12 10:26 PM

And the base plate sits on top of the carb just like the bottom of an air cleaner assembly does. The filter sits on top of it and the air filter lid clamps it all together on the carb(s). Two feet mounted on the front of the base plate bolt to the front of the engine.

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/10/12 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

... at 7 locations...

thats the pic i was needing i had all the rest just never mounted the bouble

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/10/12 01:10 AM

Being the car its going on is a non shaker car i had bought base plate and adapter ring and bubble from year one ( all fiberglass) so there is no holes on any of it im assuming the still ring had j clips the bolts threaded into guiess il just have to drill and use nut/bolt?

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/15/12 09:27 PM

Can anyone post some shots (on real cars) showing how much the seal does or does not cover the bolts and possible one or two showing the bubble off but base and adapter ring still on
Thanks guys

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/17/12 11:50 PM

Attached picture 7210450-shakerg.jpg

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/18/12 01:07 AM

Once the bubble is installed - it covers the screws holding the base to the adapter ring, but all the screws holding the bubble to the ring are clearly visible
Posted By: TiMopar

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/18/12 01:00 PM

Are the seven bolts required available as repo's from anyone?
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/18/12 01:54 PM

Quote:

Year One carries them at about $50/Set... I believe some radiator shroud attaching bolts were the same or very similar...

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/18/12 02:53 PM

Quote:

Sure is - $25 a set of 7
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/20/12 04:24 AM

If you would be looking for convenience rather than correctness, I always run screws up from the bottom so that they stick up through the bubble. Then use little wing nuts on the threaded end of the screws.

I learned that way back when I had my Shaker hooded 6 BBl Cuda. Everybody wanted to see the carbs and intake. And taking the Shaker off with the original screws running down through the bubble meant I had to carry a nut driver. It was just a pain.

On that car and my current Cuda, I just keep wing nuts on screws run up through the threaded holes on the 4 corners. That way it only takes a minute to spin them off, then the wing nuts on the air cleaner lid and the wing nut on the carb and it's off.

This will also be a life saver while tuning the beast.

Just a suggestion.

Re: shaker bubble to base plate? - 05/20/12 04:44 AM

Quote:

If you would be looking for convenience rather than correctness, I always run screws up from the bottom so that they stick up through the bubble. Then use little wing nuts on the threaded end of the screws.

I learned that way back when I had my Shaker hooded 6 BBl Cuda. Everybody wanted to see the carbs and intake. And taking the Shaker off with the original screws running down through the bubble meant I had to carry a nut driver. It was just a pain.

On that car and my current Cuda, I just keep wing nuts on screws run up through the threaded holes on the 4 corners. That way it only takes a minute to spin them off, then the wing nuts on the air cleaner lid and the wing nut on the carb and it's off.

This will also be a life saver while tuning the beast.

Just a suggestion.

Agreed, I do the same, but with knurled thumb nuts, makes bubble removal easy and quick

Attached picture 7213047-nuts.gif
© 2024 Moparts Forums