Moparts

NOS EXHAUST?

Posted By: Anonymous

NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 06:50 PM

Hi Guys,

ECS Automotive Concepts, LLC has finally completed a seven year quest to provide the Mopar Restoration Industry with correct Assembly Line, date coded Factory Exhaust Systems. Tired of spending thousands for old incorrectly dated NOS versions? Below is a comparison photo of an original part and one of our newly completed resonators.

Posted By: moparmike1

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 07:10 PM

Hi,

I just checked your website but didn't see any information about the exhaust systems. Are you offering complete systems from headpipes to tailpipes?

Thanks,

Mike.
Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 08:07 PM

wow

they look great!

will you be offering different date codes?

congrats on a great new product!

tony
Posted By: Morty426

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 08:25 PM

That looks fantastic.
Posted By: mccannix

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 09:39 PM

Unbelievable!!!
All I can say is WOW is that a nice product..
Posted By: HPMike

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 09:40 PM

Quote:

Unbelievable!!!
All I can say is WOW is that a nice product..

Posted By: kidmopar

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 09:47 PM

I N C R E D I B L E !!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/06/12 09:58 PM

Hi Guys,

This project is hot off the press. It has not been put on our website yet. We are completing the Chrysler licensing and approval for systems dating 1974 and back. We are starting with Early production 1970 thru late 1971 E Body date codes. The dates will be accommodating for those two years. Different dating is available. We will be expanding to the other Chrysler vehicles along the way. The complete turn key systems will be available by the end of June or sometime in July. Resonators, Mufflers, head-pipes, h-pipes, brackets, Q-clamps, etc.... These are what you would have received with your NEW Chrysler back in the day. Not only is the exterior made with the correct appearance and engineering specifications but also the internals such as baffling and spot welds. Your vehicle will sound just like it did when it was new.

Posted By: 44D6PAKCUDA

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 02:37 AM

Did you just hear that loud noise....it was all the dealers with their 10K+ NOS exhaust systems hitting rock bottom.Great item.Can't wait to order a system for my car.Keep us updated when available and some pictures of the mufflers.
Posted By: moparo

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 02:49 AM

Wow these are great and the timing is perfect.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 03:14 AM

Great product!, with what I'm sure was a great investment to bring it to market,...I'm sure the prices will differ, based on vehicle line, engine line, etc, but the $64,000 question is, what's an approximate cost on the componets?, or a complete exhaust?.....ballpark?
Posted By: Convertcuda

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 04:05 AM

Great Job ECS!!! The detail is awesome.

Ken

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 05:20 AM

Wow. Simply amazing. Although, should I have expected any less from ECS?!?!? Congrats!

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 09:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

Great questions - Keep them coming.

We still have a few details to work out for the mufflers but wanted to give everyone an idea of the direction we are heading and give you a sneak peek of the level of authenticity and correctness for the assembly line system we are striving for. Even most of the NOS items in the market are date coded well past many of the cars. When Chrysler did the final buy( all time buy as they called it) of exhaust it was late in the run of the cars.

Stay tuned for more info and pre order information. What I'll say now on pricing is we want to be competitive for the market.

I'll be in Indiana for a couple of days so don't think I have run away if I don't get right back to you. This has been a long and tedious project but I think it will be worth it when complete.

Keep those cards,letters,and posts coming
Posted By: moparo

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 01:56 PM

Hi Tom.

Any plans for T/A AAR exhaust? I have some original mufflers if you need them I can send them to you.

MB
Posted By: Commando1

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 01:59 PM

You won't have any C-body stuff, I betcha...
Posted By: cogen80

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 02:48 PM

Quote:

What I'll say now on pricing is we want to be competitive for the market.

competitive to what market? the NOS market?

Quote:

Not only is the exterior made with the correct appearance and engineering specifications but also the internals such as baffling and spot welds.

not to be a ball buster but...

is the rolled edge at thew end of the muffler too flat and fat on the repopped one? or is it just the angle the picture was taken from? the new one also looks narrower then the nos one. maybe just the picture, hard to tell. and your spot welds are too way straight compared to the nos one.

they look pretty good but i would think when people are reproducing orange peel in paint and other imperfections that cars received on the assembly line that you would be able to pick the repop muffler out from a mile away. no?

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 05:22 PM

Waiting on the pre-order info.

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 07:42 PM

Hi Guys,

We appreciate your input as it helps to answer any and all questions. One of Dave's pet peeves is making sure NOT to use just one sample as a format for any of our products. After researching many original and NOS samples we found that even their spot welds varied across the board. As with any stamped part, the dies wear out as they are used so a part made from the same tooling could look different if it was stamped six months later. We can assure everyone that the dimensions are exact in size to the originals so the picture might have things looking a bit skewed. If you look at the picture of the 10 prototypes I posted earlier you will notice even everyone of those spot weld positions vary. Even the orange peel in the paint you used as an example would have even been different on every car manufactured. Like the spot welds, the orange peel was not an engineered specification that required cloned features.

The pricing will be competitive with the reproduction systems that are currently available. Gone are the days of spending thousands to get a Factory correct set of Chrysler exhaust. We used the better examples as a model for what we manufactured. Here is another photo with a different NOS piece and one of our units.

Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/07/12 11:15 PM

My '71 Challenger has an aftermarket exhaust on it, which I've been wanting to correct, so this is exciting news!
By complete exhaust systems does this mean you'll have the tips also?
Forgive me if I'm going OT but what ever happened with ECS's talk of coming out with the desperately needed correct trunk mats?
Posted By: DodgeMaterial

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/08/12 03:21 AM

Tom, those look great....even better in person! When will we see the little-known assembly line 3 baffle Hemi versions? Dave

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/08/12 07:22 AM

Quote:

By complete exhaust systems does this mean you'll have the tips also?
Forgive me if I'm going OT but what ever happened with ECS's talk of coming out with the desperately needed correct trunk mats?

Hi everyone

Grabbed the computer at the hotel in Indy . I'll try to address a couple of the comments together. By the way 40+ mph winds and commercial airliners don't go together. Though we were going to be on the highlight reel a couple of times.

On the tips - Yes- we'll have them available too. Remember this is a peek under the tent on what has been a long journey. We're engineering parts to get this right. We'll have pipes, clamps, mufflers, resonators, hangers,and tips available.

T/A and C body - not currently on the horizon but lets get this one under the belt before rolling to the next challenge.

Trunk mats - still inching along. We're pretty far along on the material just working with engineering specs. Any one remember the green coil transfers? Feel like the Maytag man on this one.

Thanks for the feed back.

From Indy
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/08/12 08:27 AM

Those look great.

This is off my 71 383 Challenger R/T

Attached picture 7108822-CopyofPICT1271.JPG
Posted By: Hamtramck

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/08/12 12:15 PM

Any info on b body systems?
Posted By: Tom Hand

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/11/12 02:48 PM

Tom, after working with mufflers myself, I can tell you what you did is magnificent.

COMMENT DELETED

Thank you for all that you have done.
If you need A-body exhaust, I have a 69 340 CUDA with factory mufflers and pipes.
Tom Hand
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/11/12 04:27 PM

71 340 Duster ETA?
Posted By: hemi70se

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/11/12 05:34 PM

Great to see this issue brought to a higher standard! I sure hope you make the 68-70 B-body mufflers and H pipes. Every single repro H-pipe I've installed I've had to massage to make it work w/o rubbing the body or driveshaft! I'm tired of tweaking and bending. I want something that fits out of the box.

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/13/12 11:41 PM

Quote:

Tom, after working with mufflers myself, I can tell you what you did is magnificent.

COMMENT DELETED

Thank you for all that you have done.
If you need A-body exhaust, I have a 69 340 CUDA with factory mufflers and pipes.
Tom Hand

Hi Tom,

Originally you asked if the resonators were made in the US. I'm happy to report that YES they are made in the good old USA. So will the mufflers and pipes. I think it was a fair question - Tom, thanks for asking. Thanks for the offer on the A body system.

Doing the system to the level we want while maintaining a competitive pricing structure are all part of our goals in this project. We also went through the part approval process with Chrysler just like the originals did.

Keep those original pictures coming.

Still catching up from the Indiana presentations last week on the New Vin side of the house for the Collision Market.

Stay tuned
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/14/12 02:09 AM

Great news! The current reproductions are not a good match for my originals or my way-back-in-the-day NOS set...

Attached picture 7117389-____Misc182.jpg
Posted By: xs29j8

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/14/12 02:13 AM

NOS 1968 to 1970 B-Body Resonator...

Attached picture 7117396-____Misc183.jpg

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/22/12 10:01 PM

Hi Guys,

I have received a few PMs about the details concerning the brackets and other related components that will come with our new exhaust systems. We will be manufacturing all of the brackets and other related hardware in house. ECS has recently acquired all the necessary machinery and equipment to manufacture these parts. Dave has been working closely with Steve Been to make sure that all of the accessories will be engineered and formatted to look just like the Chrysler originals. Here are a couple of photos that show the comparison between the Factory Muffler Bracket and our Reproduction example. Also is a photo of the rubber insulators we will be using for the "S" hanger bracket. Thanks for all the inquiries.

Posted By: TONY_DAGOSTINO

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/23/12 02:43 AM

theyre not the same

your new ones arent pitted

they look great!

good job
Posted By: LimeliteAero

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/23/12 01:29 PM

definetly looks awsome...I cant believe the b-body versions will probably be out months after I get my car together.
Posted By: Anselmi

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/23/12 02:44 PM

Any plans for complete (1963) Max Wedge systems at this point?

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/23/12 06:07 PM

Tom - We need a date.

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/23/12 09:30 PM

Quote:

Tom - We need a date.

Hi Everyone,
Were you thinking Dinner and a Movie?

Seriously, the dates we will initially be offering are 2049 - July 1969 manufacturing date and 1960 - July 1970 manufacturing date. Those will cover all 1970 and 1971 model years. The resonators will be available from ECS in the next week or two. The complete sets and related components should be ready sometime in June or early July. The B Body models are next on the list and hopefully be ready by Summer's end or Fall. Since we own the machinery for manufacturing the pipes, we can probably have just about any style of Head Pipe or H-Pipe correctly reproduced. We also will have either aluminized or natural metal pipes available for the exhaust systems.

We have had a few inquiries about the Seam on the resonators. Dave made sure that they were just like the ones that were found on the originals and had it incorporated into the design. They have the correct number of ribs per resonator, are correctly spaced and incorporate the authentic slanted look. Below is a photo illustrating this detail.

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/23/12 09:55 PM

Tom - you're funny, but don't quit your day job. So we can pre-order now? Do you have list of EVERYTHING that will be available by June?
Posted By: bschargerse

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 03/24/12 02:54 AM

Quote:

definetly looks awsome...I cant believe the b-body versions will probably be out months after I get my car together.

Dave,
I have a brand new B-Body 440 exhaust from Accurate, you are welcome to borrow it for your car if you want to order this system when it's available.
Posted By: Hamtramck

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 07/29/12 02:01 PM

Any update on these systems? Will need mufflers for my roadrunner soon. Are b body parts still planned?

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 07/30/12 05:43 AM

Uh oh. Looks like Tom got banned also.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 07/30/12 05:53 AM

Its exciting to see ANYTHING ECS brings to market, they don't settle for anything less than perfection and it's a VERY refreshing thing to see.

Banned or not I'm sure they're watching, we as a group need to keep up our support for these guys, their efforts at perfecting reproduction parts for our old heaps are unmatched in the Mopar reproduction marketplace.

*I'll be buying a complete 71 A-body setup head pipes to tips as soon as I know they are available.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 07/30/12 03:42 PM

I could'nt agree more Scott, you know if the Walden gang is doing something for the hobby it's going to be correct as possible with all the little details. I'm not afraid to buy anything they reproduce and beside they are a great group of people.

MLR426
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 07/30/12 03:56 PM

I checked their website and there was no mention of exhaust products on it.
Posted By: Mr D21

Re: NOS EXHAUST? - 07/31/12 12:29 AM

if you call them they will put you on their email list when the exhaust products are ready to be rolled out...
© 2024 Moparts Forums