Moparts

Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly

Posted By: viperdude99

Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 12:44 AM

Asking the membership - I'm building a 71 hemi cuda convertible clone with shaker. Not a real car obviously, but its coming out pretty decent. Because I'm not getting response from Mr. Newcomb on his (that I already paid for unfortunately), I now need to purchase a replacement. Because of the project I have narrowed down my need to either Booster Dewey or Ramman. Thoughts on product? Price? Thanks for any feedback!
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 01:47 AM

If correctness is what your after regarding the Hemi Brake booster bracket, contact Wayne/Ramman, be aware that you'll need a HEMI specific booster to fit the brackets, as the bolt diameter and pattern are different than the standard Bendix dual diaphram boosters

Here's RAMMAN's set-up $995

Attached picture 7085552-booster1rm.JPG

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 01:56 AM

Or you can pony up for this original set-up on EBay currently, all set up for a 70-1 E body...$1250

Attached picture 7085565-booster.JPG

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 02:02 AM

FYI...I assume your running disc/drum?, if so the "correct" disc/drum master for your 71 clone is casting # 2229191

Mike
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 02:18 AM

I used the Booster Dewy booster rebuild combinded with Dr Diff's brackets.
I don't remember the price but it was very affordable + 90% of the people can't tell the difference

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 02:25 AM

Quote:

I don't remember the price but it was very affordable + 90% of the people can't tell the difference

Bill,....I may be wrong, but IIRC Doc Diff's brackets are for the "standard" Bendix Dual diaphram boosters that get the booster pushrod modified for the proper stroke

Attached picture 7085623-4345613-BoosterHemi.jpg
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 03:50 AM

I make both styles.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 04:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Bill,....I may be wrong, but IIRC Doc Diff's brackets are for the "standard" Bendix Dual diaphram boosters that get the booster pushrod modified for the proper stroke

Quote:

I make both styles.

Good to know in case I end up putting the Hemi in the Bee and I don't want to waste a g note plus on a booster

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 01:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Correct.
When I did this car my customer was not after 100% dead nuts appearence . He was after 'The look' and Cass's brackets along with the modified booster all is good on our end.

Everyting done and on the car and he is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY under the buy in price on a 'correct' Hemi booster setup and brackets

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 02:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Correct.
When I did this car my customer was not after 100% dead nuts appearence . He was after 'The look' and Cass's brackets along with the modified booster all is good on our end.

Everyting done and on the car and he is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY under the buy in price on a 'correct' Hemi booster setup and brackets

Bill who does the booster mod ?

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 02:30 PM

Quote:

Booster Dewey did mine.

I told him I had Cass's brackets and he modified the booster as needed.

It's on the car and every single piece fit and works perfect.

I can try to get some pictures later today if needed, as I have the car back in to fix some bugs.
But it might be tomorrow as I have a funeral to attend this afternoon.
Posted By: MuscleMopars

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 05:40 PM

I have an original unit complete sitting on my shelf. Well, here it is on the floor. It might be available?

Attached picture 7086433-HemiPowerBrakeBoosterassy.JPG

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/23/12 06:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Booster Dewey did mine.

I told him I had Cass's brackets and he modified the booster as needed.

It's on the car and every single piece fit and works perfect.

I can try to get some pictures later today if needed, as I have the car back in to fix some bugs.
But it might be tomorrow as I have a funeral to attend this afternoon.

Thanks , no picture is needed at this point .
Posted By: viperdude99

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/24/12 08:11 PM

Thanks for the great feedback all. Wayne (Ramman) told me that some of the setups out there may result (due to bracket geometry) in only 80% pedal/brake pressure?? Looks are important but function is REAL important. Btw, I'm running factory disc or front, with Cass's disc brake set up in the rear.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: Best Repro Hemi Booster Bracket assembly - 02/24/12 08:32 PM

I have a reproduction e-body set up from one early supplier in Arizona that I bought and didn't use and is available. I finished my 71 hemi convertible and it was a part left over and It's setting on the shelf unused.
PM if interested, reasonable.

logan426 618-322-7587
© 2024 Moparts Forums