Moparts

Stratus Odometer

Posted By: johnedod

Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 01:37 AM

Bought my daughter an 06 Stratus and I noticed when you open the door from the outside (no keys in the ignition)the odometer will display. Anybody else seen this? Just wondering if it may be a body control module problem or maybe somebody's been into the wiring and it feeding back or something. Any info greatly appreciated!
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 01:42 AM

perfectly normal on a late-model Chrysler product
Posted By: johnedod

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 02:25 AM

Didn't know that. Thanks a lot!
Posted By: topside

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 02:53 AM

Either it's normal, or my Breeze has the same weirdness. BMWs do (or used to do) the same thing.
Posted By: 71yelladustr

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 03:31 AM

Its so that the service writer at the dealer can get the mileage of the vehicle without the keys for writing up a repair order. LOL. Thats my guess anyway. No one at Chrysler could answer that question for me when I worked for them.
Posted By: zrxkawboy

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 04:33 AM

Quote:

Its so that the service writer at the dealer can get the mileage of the vehicle without the keys for writing up a repair order. LOL. Thats my guess anyway.

That has always been my guess, too.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 12:28 PM

I've seen alot of other makes that if you push the trip reset in the odometer without the keys the odometer will light up also.
Posted By: 73rrak

Re: Stratus Odometer - 11/18/11 05:18 PM

I was told it was so you can see how many miles are on it when it's on a car sales lot.
© 2024 Moparts Forums