Moparts

I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!!

Posted By: Troy

I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/13/11 10:54 PM

Has anybody ever played with one of these before??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Race-Pumps-Pisto...=item4cf0ee0857

This could be something kinda cool!!
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/13/11 11:00 PM

McRobb sells them... I haven't played with one..
Posted By: astjp2

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 12:12 AM

I just got mine 2 weeks ago, they send it with candy and a nice crushed velour bag. Its a good looking product, I got the regulator too, but I still need the check valve and primer pump, for my stock tank. TIm
Posted By: MoparMarq

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 12:16 AM

So it looks like the pushrod goes up through the pushrod hole in the block where the plug is located.
How does the hole in the block get sealed from oil leakage around the pushrod?

And the price...

Just to save 2 pounds?!
Posted By: Troy

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 12:37 AM

Quote:

So it looks like the pushrod goes up through the pushrod hole in the block where the plug is located.

And the price...

Just to save 2 pounds?!

To me it's not the two pounds or anything like that....it is the simplicity of it all. Less drag on the engine and even the safety side of it. Yes you can run an electric pump but how many times have you left the pump on or forgot to shut it off? Your needle in your carb sticks and your engine dies with fuel flowing everywhere?? There are definitely some advantages to a pump like this on all street and strip applications. The true question is does it work??
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 12:46 AM

Quote:

Yes you can run an electric pump but how many times have you left the pump on or forgot to shut it off?

Never. Mine has the pump mrelay wired to the ignition circuit. No key on, no gas pumpy.
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 12:49 AM

I saw the price and didnt even read the ad. I didnt pay that much for a running 440-727 and the mounts and headers to put it in the car
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 12:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

And the price...

Just to save 2 pounds?!

I think the pump pictured is for a small block Chevy.. How would it seal to a big block Mopar?

I just got mine 2 weeks ago, they send it with candy and a nice crushed velour bag. Its a good looking product, I got the regulator too, but I still need the check valve and primer pump, for my stock tank. TIm

Could you post a picture?
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 01:02 AM

Quote:

And the price...

Just to save 2 pounds?!

$320 isn't that expensive for a quality pump.
Posted By: astjp2

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 01:06 AM

They block of the original pump hole with a machined phenolic block, the plug where the push rod goes is where the actuator goes and seals with a flat Oring. I have to use this pump if I want a mechanical pump on my world block. You cannot grind enough to get a carter to fit. Tim
http://www.racepumps.com/FuelPumps-Street.html
Posted By: Pyper70

Re: I have never seen this before....new fuel pump!!! - 11/14/11 02:20 PM

Why do you need 50 psi of fuel for your carb'd engine? Yeah...you could put a regulator on it...But I wonder if someone didn't do it and found all their gaskets and O-rings destroyed in the carbs.

I like the "RacePump should last for years, but it can be damaged by junk in the fuel line. It is rebuildable with a $10.00 kit."

So the other $310 is primarily made up of aluminum...thats expensive...
© 2024 Moparts Forums